• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Great choice, Dagon. Always nice to get a grail.

You see a lot of the gold-capped Constellations out there, but I really like that stainless. Looks almost brand new.

Also glad to hear that you feel comfortable with its authenticity....hope it gives you many years of accurate service.

I'm wearing my Deskmaster again today:

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats Dagon! Looking good Keith!

Swung by Washington DC for work today. Hot, sticky weather. Took large balls to wear a suit. Like, really large.

6y7y6y7y.jpg

No Subs or DSSDs when I'm wearing suits.n

su2egety.jpg

Had the shell cordovans shined while I was waiting for my train.

qumygyhe.jpg

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I bought it new in 1989
That's three or four years younger than mine (also bought new). I can't say I live the two tone scheme but I do love that watch. In fact, I am wearing mine now. It is a tank and has survived a lot. And it is the watch I take when I want certain reliability. Here is a shot from a few days ago.

Full Exposure

Reaction score
That's three or four years younger than mine (also bought new). I can't say I live the two tone scheme but I do love that watch. In fact, I am wearing mine now. It is a tank and has survived a lot. And it is the watch I take when I want certain reliability.
Here is a shot from a few days ago.

Silver tone looks great. These have become a bit collectable. I took the pic and am wearing mine tonight too. The inaccurate date is due to following a suggestion to pull the winder and save the battery.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really want one of those omegas...

Freaking gorgeous watches. I met up with a friend whose dad got him one a few years back. It was gorgeous. His particular one was too small for my taste though.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my grail watch,

Vintage Omega Constellation

That's beautiful! Congrats an acquiring your grail watch! It's a great feeling when a grail watch is finally on your wrist. Enjoy it!

I'm wearing my Deskmaster again today:
rotflmao.gif
Keith, I love the "Deskmaster" alias of your watch!
Swung by Washington DC for work today. Hot, sticky weather. Took large balls to wear a suit. Like, really large.

6y7y6y7y.jpg

No Subs or DSSDs when I'm wearing suits.
After living there for 3 years, a suit this time of year can be torture. Based on sweat output you might have needed a Sub or DSSD on a hot, sticky day in DC. Looking sharp Bro!

Dillardiv

Reaction score
If you guys had to pick two out of these three, which would you choose?
Rolex GMT BLNR
Rolex no-date Sub (probably pick that up used)
Tudor Pelagos (would probably pick that up used as well)

I had always envisioned the two rolex collection until I discovered the Pelagos being very well-reviewed and being able to get it for roughly $3,500 or less used. My original thinking was I loved both of the Rolexes and could wear the sub on a nato for casual occasions. After reading about the Pelagos, it seems to be able to take the place of the sub at a lower price leaving me with the badass BLNR for most of my everyday wear (probably wear it with suits very rarely) and the Pelagos as a bit more of a "beater." A Sub was what I thought I wanted for a long time so I'm wondering if I might always have that feeling and not be satisfied without one. Any thoughts?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pelagos and Batman would be my choices. Batman can be worn with a suit even though it's not a dress watch and the Pelagos is a great diver while saving you some money. If you wanted a two Rollie household, you could go Batman and new Seadweller.

I am wavering on getting the Batman or saving up for quite a while longer for the Journe Chronometre bleu. I am so weak.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rolex GMT BLNR

I had always envisioned the two rolex collection until I discovered the Pelagos being very well-reviewed and being able to get it for roughly $3,500 or less used. My original thinking was I loved both of the Rolexes and could wear the sub on a nato for casual occasions. After reading about the Pelagos, it seems to be able to take the place of the sub at a lower price leaving me with the badass BLNR for most of my everyday wear (probably wear it with suits very rarely) and the Pelagos as a bit more of a "beater." A Sub was what I thought I wanted for a long time so I'm wondering if I might always have that feeling and not be satisfied without one. Any thoughts?

Get the bruiser (blue/black GMT) and Pelagos and if you feel like getting a Sub ND, get it used down the road.

Last edited:

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rolex GMT BLNR

Without reading your commentary I was leaning toward the two Rollies, and after reading it I think you should definitely go that route. Try both, but personally I find the Sub much more appealing. Compromising to save a few bucks usually ends up costing you more in the long term. :)

What's your current collection look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads