• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am glad Mrs. JB is not huge on handbags and prefers some more reasonable brands of clothing. Since we recently found out about some cost savings for our German wedding ceremony, we could kop a Tank Solo....you know for "us" to enjoy.
JB...I just consider myself lucky that when the Mrs. was super into handbags, they were a fraction of what they cost today.

As for kopping a Tank Solo for "Us"....hmmmm...very interesting! Keep me....I mean "us" posted on that front.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
g4xsDqa.png

new toy for new year!

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
That is rather attractive and interesting, TLM. Although I suggest you improve the efficiency of your photography composition by about 300% (only the bottom right quarter of this one is worth looking at!)

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RickJ - Nice minimalist piece. I would have chosen some sort of brown leather myself but some people enjoy nylon.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is super pretty, trompe. an underbought brand imo.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like my clothes to feel lived in. I used to freak out over potentially ruining things and worry about wearing items, but I don't really anymore. If I can't feel comfortable wearing it, what's the point. My love of cloth still dominates my love of watches. The articles of clothing that I have that our made from some of my more favorite fabrics make me smile every time I put them on (funny that my tops tend to be fall/winter stuff). Shoes are just shoes to me, which is probably healthy for my wallet. Talking to Nuke in NYC was eye opening, he truly has a love for shoes and it's fascinating to listen to him talk about different makers. I hate my feet, maybe that's why I'm not particularly in to shoes.

You walked all the way from 53rd and 5th to Christopher and Gay st in NYC to visit Leffot with Nuke. Indirectly, that kind of effort already qualifies you as a "shoe lover."

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Play on non traditional shapes today with watch (tonneau shaped case) and cuff links.

uba7eva7.jpg

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don't take the link out! Nothing good can come from it! But I could see the wimmenz liking that piece.

Yes, you definitely have an eye for some beautiful cloth! I think that if I lived in closer proximity to a bespoke tailor I too would have more of an interest in tailoring. But as it stands now, tailored clothing is something of a pipe dream.

You walked all the way from 53rd and 5th to Christopher and Gay st in NYC to visit Leffot with Nuke.  Indirectly, that kind of effort already qualifies you as a "shoe lover."

I second this notion! And I walked back to 57th that day as well. I am going to be honest though, that walk back was a bit ragged.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
You walked all the way from 53rd and 5th to Christopher and Gay st in NYC to visit Leffot with Nuke. Indirectly, that kind of effort already qualifies you as a "shoe lover."

My heels still have the scars to prove it too. As Nuke said, that walk was rough.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Dem links!

Official TWAT cufflinks: the Cartier Trinity.

Who's in?! LOL.

Lookin' good frilly.

RickJ, I agree....that would be sweet on a nice dark leather / croc / lizard band. Something dressy.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Jeezus, TC.

You've got us pacing the maternity ward here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads