• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's see more of this watch, Flake!

Seiko Discus Burger SCBS005

1f4f0fbca9c911e2bee422000a9f14ea_7.jpg

Does anyone know what Seiko this is?

Nicest Tudor I've ever seen.. yours?

Beautiful as always, NS

Very autumny lately. Chunkier clothes calls for chunkier watches. Norwegian Airforce issued Heuer flyback chrono, anno 1974 :satisfied:

(Watch not that chunky really. Kinda flat.)

20130926_123728_zps12762be3.jpg

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saw a misty patch underneath my Longines Retrograde glass last night...... brought to the Longines Boutique for warranty repairs today, will be parted with it for a month. :(

I wear the watch while I wash my hands, and occasionally left it in the bathroom when I take a shower, didn't expect moisture to get in like that....

On the bright side, I am back to my Rolex Datejust and Submariner for now. :)

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the fogging, wurger.

That's two very solid backups, though....and surely Longines will make it right.

NS: lovin' that Heuer.

Flake: beautiful Breguet.

Travel delays always suck, but you can usually find some Maker's Mark at Pappadeaux to help pass the time :D

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As a TWAT-resident poor man, I have taken your advice - will let you know if they let me write anything. Thanks for the tip!

I never received any follow-up on my end, but I am sure they have many, many, many emails to sift through.

Also, NS, that Heuer is really quite something. Deets?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about modern Tudor watches, such as the recent Black Bay, which also has a snowflake hand?

Could that also be referred to as a "Snowflake", or is it only the historical Tudor Submariner watches that get the appellation?

I agree with Hayward (and BTW beautiful Snowflake Sub" Hayward) that the Snowflake name really goes with certain Tudor Submariners of the 1960s and 1970s. Calling it a Snowflake distinguishes it from the non-Snowflake Tudor Subs that used "Mercedes" and "Lollipop" hour hands.

I would think people would just call the Black Bay or Pelagos by their names, as those names distinguish them from vintage Tudor Subs with Snowflake hands or Tudor Subs with Mercedes hands.

SBear

Reaction score
Decided to start wearing the watch I inherited from my grandfather 31 years ago.
A circa 1960s-ish(?) Hamilton with original band (Speidel).

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted via Jewelers on Time - a customer whose watch fell into garbage disposal. Ouch.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Posted via Jewelers on Time - a customer whose watch fell into garbage disposal. Ouch.
Not a fan of the crown so I would recommend this treatment to all Rolex owners :nodding: I kid of course but they are wayyy over played. I hope he had insurance and he can take the money and put it into a more interesting piece.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So sad to see that happen to a vintage GMT. Hopefully, a new crown/tube, bezel & insert, maybe acrylic crystal, and he will be back in business. He probably should have upgraded to a solid link bracelet anyway... or put it on a strap.
I hope he had insurance and he can take the money and put it into a more interesting piece.
Booooo , no appreciation for vintage pieces.
boxing[1].gif

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That vintage Hamilton has seen some wrist action in its life. Good to see it still appreciated.

As for the GMT in the garbage disposal, it was probably one of those accidents that leaves you wondering how it happened in the first place. Watch is on the counter 10ft away, somehow it gets hit and takes and awkward slide pass the other things on the counter to land in the disposal. Sucks none the less.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With regards to the GMT, I would ask why even take it off? If the watch is regularly serviced it should be watertight and easily survive a session of washing dishes.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the crown so I would recommend this treatment to all Rolex owners
nod[1].gif

I kid of course but they are wayyy over played. I hope he had insurance and he can take the money and put it into a more interesting piece.

smile.gif

These two have no problems coexisting in my small family of watches, or for that matter, bathing together:

Although "the crowns" acknowledge that this sister of theirs is much closer to my heart than others:

Maximus Mark

Reaction score
I know many WIS have something of a distaste for the AP ROO line... but hell if this ain't my favorite sports watch in the world.

44mm Forged Carbon:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Not really my thing, but I do respect AP..

Enjoy it, MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads