• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i disagree 100000% with this statement. any strap available for a 112, is available for a radiomir. Theres an endless supply of custom straps for either.
for your first panerai, id get a 112. as much as i love the radiomirs, I got much more wear out of my luminors than my 231 and 232.

cool beans. but how do you chance the strap on the 210. isnt it sewn around the bar/lug?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ive had a couple radiomirs and dozens of watches with screw down crowns. its a $5k watch. not a timex. Ive never had an issue at all. Personally, i prefer screw down crowns. "feels" more secure to me if i ever (i wont) decide to go in the water.
that issue wouldnt even be close to a deciding factor for me between a 112 and a 210

Agreed. No problem at all here, and I've had mine for a few years.
Also agree re straps. No difference between 112 and 210 on that matter. That said, (a) I don't swap my straps often on my 210 as I think it looks best with 2 or 3 and that's it; and (b) swapping straps gets old after a couple of years. Paneristi go through a curve where they want to switch straps all the time, buy a ton of them, but eventually most grow out of it, and after having spent a fortune on straps.
moo - the speedy seems to fit and sit much better on your wrist.

thanks guys. i figured it was a non issue.

derk - i too MUCH prefer a screw down crown. its the only thing that bothers me about my JLC

gdl - whatever i get i dont plan on having more than 3 maybe 4 straps. and ill probably only use 2. rubber for summer and when i may be sweating, and tan or brown leather for other times.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Could not agree more!
medium800.jpg

i can has please? that panerai is just stunning.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I find those both terrible but I understand that everyone has their style that they prefer.
Picked up a El Premero a month of so ago to add to my very limited collection. Will take pictures when I get a chance.

you shut your mouth hahaha

DerekS is right as always. Breaking in an uncoloured leather NATO...
/M

:bigstar:
cool beans. but how do you chance the strap on the 210. isnt it sewn around the bar/lug?

nope. its a pretyt cool system actually. Theres a 2 piece wire lug that is screwed into the back. Ill see if i have pics of a strap change so you can see. i know theres a youtube video on it. check your email in 10 minutes

- whatever i get i dont plan on having more than 3 maybe 4 straps. and ill probably only use 2. rubber for summer and when i may be sweating, and tan or brown leather for other times.

lulz. you say that now.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

i can has please? that panerai is just stunning.

those are both panerais. the cali dial on the left is fuckin great. i had the 127 thats on the right as well as the left handed version (217) those F***ers wear big. my pencil arms just couldnt pull em off.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

nope. its a pretyt cool system actually. Theres a 2 piece wire lug that is screwed into the back. Ill see if i have pics of a strap change so you can see. i know theres a youtube video on it. check your email in 10 minutes

awesome, thanks. I thought it was fixed. I never handled one in person.

lulz. you say that now.

:D

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

those are both panerais. the cali dial on the left is fuckin great. i had the 127 thats on the right as well as the left handed version (217) those F***ers wear big. my pencil arms just couldnt pull em off.

Amazing. I didnt realize that with the dial. Those are both just fantastic.

Thankfully, i have nice strong manly arms.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, haven't been around here in a while (school has been out), but I decided to spend a little of the money I made this summer on a new watch! It should be coming in later on today. A hint? It is something of a classic!

I will update the thread with pictures later!

Also, I did not have my phone with me to take a picture, unfortunately, but today I had the privilege of seeing a Rolex 6541, with a beautiful slightly tropical dial. It had the original hands and all. Now, want to hear the sad part? The owner wanted all of the original indices replaced with diamond studs :(. He received the watch from his grandfather, and wanted to make it look more "current." I think I almost cried when I saw the diamond studs that replaced the original markers.

But anyways, glad to be back around these parts.

Stitchy, just go for the PAM, we know you are going to eventually!! :slayer:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
boom. radiomir strap change step by step. he makes this much longer than it needs to be. i could change the straps on my 231 and 232 in no time.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

So, haven't been around here in a while (school has been out), but I decided to spend a little of the money I made this summer on a new watch! It should be coming in later on today. A hint? It is something of a classic!
I will update the thread with pictures later!
Also, I did not have my phone with me to take a picture, unfortunately, but today I had the privilege of seeing a Rolex 6541, with a beautiful slightly tropical dial. It had the original hands and all. Now, want to hear the sad part? The owner wanted all of the original indices replaced with diamond studs :(. He received the watch from his grandfather, and wanted to make it look more "current." I think I almost cried when I saw the diamond studs that replaced the original markers.
But anyways, glad to be back around these parts.
Stitchy, just go for the PAM, we know you are going to eventually!! :slayer:

please tell me who the owner is so i can track him down and make him suffer. :nodding:

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now, want to hear the sad part? The owner wanted all of the original indices replaced with diamond studs :(. He received the watch from his grandfather, and wanted to make it look more "current." I think I almost cried when I saw the diamond studs that replaced the original markers.

If there is any justice in the world, somebody somewhere will slap him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads