• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

please tell me who the owner is so i can track him down and make him suffer. :nodding:

I know right? I told the guy in charge of the shop to give me a call if anything like that EVER shows up again. I would have given him every dime to my name (read: not that much) for that watch, and I would have flipped the hell out of it. The guy apparently thinks its junk. Ignorance is not always bliss, I guess.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I did not have my phone with me to take a picture, unfortunately, but today I had the privilege of seeing a Rolex 6541, with a beautiful slightly tropical dial. It had the original hands and all. Now, want to hear the sad part? The owner wanted all of the original indices replaced with diamond studs
frown.gif
. He received the watch from his grandfather, and wanted to make it look more "current." I think I almost cried when I saw the diamond studs that replaced the original markers.
What a waste.... an idiot owner ruining a nice original vintage watch.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Newcomer - lol, yeah i know ima end up with one, justa question of which one.

Cant wait to see pics of your score, and your story made me cry.

Derk - thanks for the video

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Newcomer - lol, yeah i know ima end up with one, justa question of which one.

sell your house and buy a vintage.....i know a guy with a few of them in a safe. ;)

bhall41

Reaction score

Warren, depeche, ghall - fantastic rollies, gents!
Moo - speedy imo
Mack - interesting though about the crown threading getting overused on a manual wind watch. would like to here peoples experiences with that, maybe gdl can chime in.

that is ******* gorgeous. absolutely ******* gorgeous. anymore pics??

Congrats on your Deep-Sea SD.  Nice choice!
Thats a beauty.  The lum has a nice changed to that beautiful creamy color that looks great on vintage watches!  Congrats its stunning!

Thanks guys for the compliments - I am really enjoying this watch. Derek is another shot taken today:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing. I didnt realize that with the dial. Those are both just fantastic.
Thankfully, i have nice strong manly arms.

:sneaky2: Gaz's Pan on the left seems like the kind of thing I would wear, provided it's not gigantic and heavy. I retract my earlier statement.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys for the compliments - I am really enjoying this watch. Derek is another shot taken today:

loveeeeeeeeeee that GMT. The 1675 is probably my favorite Rolex of all time. One day, I'll buy a complete and lovely example.

So, haven't been around here in a while (school has been out), but I decided to spend a little of the money I made this summer on a new watch! It should be coming in later on today. A hint? It is something of a classic!

I have a feeling you bought a Rolex Submariner no date :D

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a feeling you bought a Rolex Submariner no date :D

Nope--although that was in the Top 3, I saw the new one and just was not liking the maxi-everything :(

dukerules

Reaction score
those are both panerais. the cali dial on the left is fuckin great. i had the 127 thats on the right as well as the left handed version (217) those F***ers wear big. my pencil arms just couldnt pull em off.
It's a 372 (on the right), but the 127 is just as great, and in many ways greater. Love the 249 as well. 47mm PAMs wear big, but they're supposed to be big. Not an everyday watch for sure, but fun in the right context.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's why you go vintage.

When and if I eventually go vintage, I feel like I ought to do it right. So I guess I will hold off for another day!

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope--although that was in the Top 3, I saw the new one and just was not liking the maxi-everything :(

yeah I understand. That is why I flipped my Sub-c. But for some reason, the new GMT looks better with the maxi case. I can't explain it, it doesn't look too square like my former Sub-C. But I'm a sucker for the maxi dial, some people don't like it, but I love em.

okay, let me take another stab at it. Omega Speedmaster, or Planet Ocean? :embar:

When and if I eventually go vintage, I feel like I ought to do it right. So I guess I will hold off for another day!

Same here, the vintage I would really like to own some day would be a GILT PCG 1675.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads