• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
It was not an easy decision to make. It just didn't work. I prefer the original hesalite/solid back tho. I owned a couple versions of that before I got the sapphire sandwich.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Rog/Belli, maybe I'm mixing them up in my post-concussive state, but I'm sure someone had a 38mm with small seconds! Anyway, I think the vintage Omega point is well sold in the last couple of pages.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know some of you don't like watches with editions, like the IWC Spirtfire
laugh.gif
but this is so awesome that I don't care. Omega Aqua Terra Golf!

To be honest, I don't like the black dial so the one with the blue dial it's still my favorite. But the one with the white dial doesn't look bad at all.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
All those colours...plus 3 o'clock day-counter and polished centre links...Betel my friend, you can do better. :)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know some of you don't like watches with editions, like the IWC Spirtfire
laugh.gif
but this is so awesome that I don't care. Omega Aqua Terra Golf!

To be honest, I don't like the black dial so the one with the blue dial it's still my favorite. But the one with the white dial doesn't look bad at all.
Fine watches sure, but sorry I don't consider a splash of color and calling it the Golf edition... awesome. Omega is IMHO a really good brand, but a horrible offender when it comes to overdoing the special edition watches (both in terms of how many special editions they make and the volume of each special edition). There have been several 007 Seamasters, and countless special editions for each time interval since the lunar landing (the silliest having Snoopy characters on the dial). What is next the "I brush my teeth every day edition?" Actually, the white dial golf AT could be just that....Its got all the colors found on a box of Crest whitening peroxide tooth paste. So instead of a nick name like the Kermit or Hulk for Submariners...this version of the AT could be the "Crest Whitening." They could market it to smokers and golfers.

I was on an Omega AD once, and someone inquired about a recent release of another 007 Seamaster. When the customer asked how many will be produced, the AD said,"About 7,000, ...too bad there are only 2,000 people that will want it." Sure with a hefty discount almost any watch will sell, but his comment underscored that just because its a special edition or limited in number doesn't mean it will make a piece more desirable.

I also find if funny that the AT is essentially wearing an Oyster Bracelet with polished center links.

Good luck with whatever you decide...but I'd rather have a regular AT if that is the watch you have your heart set on.

SouthernGothic

Reaction score
I have never cared for wrist watches. I tend to bang then up a bit too much and I do not like the feeling of something strapped to my wrist(unless my girlfriend is involved).

I wear a pocket watch. My primary is an 1899 Graves. It is strictly for personal satisfaction as my mobile phone keeps excellent time.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All those colours...plus 3 o'clock day-counter and polished centre links...Betel my friend, you can do better. :)

You do t even like the regular AT, mimo? The one with the blue dial? (I know you don't like the 3-hour date mark) :D

Fine watches sure, but sorry I don't consider a splash of color and calling it the Golf edition... awesome.  Omega is IMHO a really good brand, but a horrible offender when it comes to overdoing the special edition watches (both in terms of how many special editions they make and the volume of each special edition).  There have been several 007 Seamasters, and countless special editions for each time interval since the lunar landing (the silliest having Snoopy characters on the dial).  What is next the "I brush my teeth every day edition?"  Actually, the white dial golf AT could be just that....Its got all the colors found on a box of Crest whitening peroxide tooth paste.   So instead of a nick name like the Kermit or Hulk for Submariners...this version of the AT could be the "Crest Whitening."  They could market it to smokers and golfers.    

I was on an Omega AD once, and someone inquired about a recent release of another 007 Seamaster.  When the customer asked how many will be produced, the AD said,"About 7,000, ...too bad there are only 2,000 people that will want it."  Sure with a hefty discount almost any watch will sell, but his comment underscored that just because its a special edition or limited in number doesn't mean it will make a piece more desirable.

I also find if funny that the AT is essentially wearing an Oyster Bracelet with polished center links.    

Good luck with whatever you decide...but I'd rather have a regular AT if that is the watch you have your heart set on.

:lol:

The toothpaste story is funny but you are right! I really like the one with the blue dial, not because it's related to the Bond film but because I actually think it looks good. I like it. :(

Should I be looking for another watch at that price point?

I'm not going to buy it yet the Omega or any other, for the moment. :D

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No serious diver is wearing a giant steel bracelet under the water. I dove with a seiko monster on a bracelet once and it was the most useless, uncomfortable thing ever. If you think its hefty on land, wait till you get it under the water. It becomes lopsided ballast every time you move your arm.

A dive watch does not need to feel "heavy". This misconception is how ridiculous fashion brands get away with selling hockey pucks out of ****** generic steel at absurd premiums. Lighter, thinner, and stronger is always where the superior engineering will be.

It's not a misconception. It's my opinion, and I stand by it! I, personally, dislike dive watches without a certain heft to them. You're different. Good on you.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Surprised to see Sea Dweller in case at Wynn. Very nice.

Dude said they just got it today. Said they've sold over 30 BNLRs since they came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads