• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Keith--

That is a seriously awesome strap. That looks so, so good.

I agree, but I've just ordered from France a handmade alligator strap for my GRAFF watch which will top that!!

Fully bespoke so I don't know when I'll get it, but it cost a fortune and has to last a long time!(watch on black shiny crocodile that it came with ATM but I wanted a special strap - it's one of my many birthday presents to myself!!!):)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KEITH - crazy nice strap! 'Grats on the pickup!

ellsbebc - looking forward to the pics!

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BLUE LUME.

Or BLUME for short.

9uza8ava.jpg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey JB--funny you should say that about the Speedmaster. To be completely honest, I actually purchased my Speedy Pro sight unseen. I bought it kind of because it made sense at the time. And I really, really do not think I would have bought it at an AD.

However, after having it for the last year and a half or so, I could not imagine being without it! I adore my Speedy Pro. It is not very assuming, and it definitely is not the sexiest thing out there. But it is reliable, and it it has been a great companion. It is also one of the best designed chronographs, aesthetically speaking (imho). I understand it not speaking to everyone though! Side by side against your Batman, I really don't think it would hold a candle. It really is one of those watches you have to own to fully appreciate.

As for the new SD4000--I absolutely love it so far.

The side by side pics between the SD4k and the Sub are really interesting. I am surprised to see how much larger the Sub looks, in comparison.

I will have to seek the SD4k IRL before making my final judgment. For me, it really is going to come down to how thick it is / how it wears.

But all in all, I think it is really, really a great watch. I wonder how the fully graduated bezel will look in the flesh. The only aspect I am reticent about is the bezel, particularly the odd markings.

Also, Frillz, congrats on the greensy! Looks very cool! And I love the blue lume... it really is awesome.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Frilly, that actually makes me salivate for some reason.
"Jules Verne"

Deliciousness! I saw that on the 323 at the dealers'. It's the most magnificently luxurious thing. I'm sure it cost a pretty penny, and equally sure it's worth it. I think it looks even better on your watch with the simpler dial. It's so lovely it's almost a shame to wear it, like a new pair of expensive suede loafers. But so, so lovely. Congratulations. :)

I agree, but I've just ordered from France a handmade alligator strap for my GRAFF watch which will top that!!

Those are some mighty big words right there! Can't wait to see the product - panda? Is it panda? Please let it be panda!

A staple in any watcher collector's arsenal. It can be a polarizing subject in regards to which model to own.

Sounds like we're back to the Speedy again...looking forward to the reveal. :)

Last edited:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Frilly, that actually makes me salivate for some reason.

Deliciousness!  I saw that on the 323 at the dealers'.  It's the most magnificently luxurious thing.  I'm sure it cost a pretty penny, and equally sure it's worth it.  I think it looks even better on your watch with the simpler dial.  It's so lovely it's almost a shame to wear it, like a new pair of expensive suede loafers.  But so, so lovely.  Congratulations. :)

Those are some mighty big words right there!  Can't wait to see the product - panda?  Is it panda?  Please let it be panda!

Sorry I don't get it!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Congrats! Possibly the bestest Reverso IMHO - solid on the back, steel, true to its tradition. And the perfect size. Well kopped, sir! Did I see this in Wempe's window a couple of days ago?

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No I bought it from the JLC boutique in London. I was originally looking for the Ultra Thin Douface Bleu but the only one they had had been sold that morning. I might still have gone for the Ultra Thin it is just so simple and "thin".

Mind you the Master Ultra Thin Jubilee is a cracker too.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No I bought it from the JLC boutique in London. I was originally looking for the Ultra Thin Douface Bleu but the only one they had had been sold that morning. I might still have gone for the Ultra Thin it is just so simple and "thin".

Mind you the Master Ultra Thin Jubilee is a cracker too.

Congratulations! The Reverso Ultra Thin works incredibly well on your wrist. Both classic and modern at the same time.

Look forward to hearing your wearing experiences.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Want a new strap for my Speedy. Don't want to wait for CF (or pay that much). So probably going to pick something up from Leffot or Hodinkee. Any ideas?

Also, I put my Speedy on a cheap leather strap I found. Damn this watch looks good on a strap. I am sold.

And since this is Styleforum...

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Want a new strap for my Speedy. Don't want to wait for CF (or pay that much). So probably going to pick something up from Leffot or Hodinkee. Any ideas?

Also, I put my Speedy on a cheap leather strap I found. Damn this watch looks good on a strap. I am sold.

And since this is Styleforum...

The Speedy was made for a strap. That was the only way I'd wear mine.

Leffot is supposed to be rolling out some new grain leather straps soon. Was supposed to be yesterday, but I haven't seen them on the site. May be worth checking out.

Nice Dovers!

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer I love the Speedy in your pics. As you said it is very organized dial even with 3 subdials. I did not like the look of the 2 subdial Speedy's with a day counter @ 6 o'clock. I think if the crystal sat flatter I may like the watch more but a guy at the AD said the chrono hand sits level with the bezel so it is easier to see the elapsed time. It makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads