• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cleav - loving that Black Seal. I came very close to getting the auto version a year ago.

All this talk about Rads, Luminors, Speedys on straps, and IWC has me all geeked up

Snowing here in DC but still have to work. Thank goodness for TWAT

I think we have your snow now here up north. Nice Speedy photo, and after seeing Cleav's new strap, I'd love to see your PAM on a similar color strap! I think it would really be a knock out!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Dino - thanks. End of the evening, several little marks...as I said, it's not a very practical choice. But that's the price of gorgeousness. :)

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks Dino kind words indeed, much appreciated. I'm encouraged to swell the strap collection, as per many Paneristi, and change over the strap myself when the mood takes me. However, the AD strongly advised not to as the Rad is more difficult to do. To be fair they said I could drop by anytime and they'll do it but what the ...

V interesting view on the IWCs. In looking at it now I'm seeing in a different light i.e. That look at that price point there is more out there.

----------------------------

Mimo - it's a price worth paying!

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what I found in the melting snow and dirty ice!

agera3uv.jpg

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

alpyigit

Reaction score
Another GP from the collection. The photo is not great but chose to post because it captures the blue hands nicely.. Time to time, I get a bug for certain brands, go on a buying spree and then work hard to rebalance the collection. 3 GPs in 6 months is a bit much but like them all.. (Yeah they are a pain in the secondary market!)

ruramave.jpg

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score

UG Compax peeking out from beneath the layers on a frickin' frosty Friday.

orig.jpg

That's a great watch, Roger. Here's its chronometer cousin saying hello... :)

Universal used this style of faceted markers in the 1940s, as can be seen in some vintage compax, along with this blued steel hand with the spear counterweight. The bombe lugs were first made a brand feature by Universal in the early 50s with the Polerouter (Universal was the first watch house that Genta designed for) although of course they existed before. Nowadays Omega is probably the brand most well known for bombe lugs but it didn't feature with them until the late 50s/early 60s, which coincidentally was when Genta was working for Omega. Thanks again for sharing, Roger :)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can

not

wait

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents I picked up this Art Deco watch at an antique shop on the weekend. It's a manual Incablock from the Marvin Watch Co of Switzerland. I haven't been able to find out much about this company. Does anybody know much about the watches that they were making a that time?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Alpyigit: I really like that - love the feuille hands and the contrast of blueing and rose gold. The quirky Arabic numbers make it kind of friendly too. That's real charisma.

BBSC: Straps look very nice, congrats. Watches are even nicer ;)

On a complete tangent, here's something that made me smile, and that Frilly and Stitch will recognise as a representation of my deepest inner nature.

In the mean time, here's a great rear end to get us back on track. Sorry for the diversion. Thank you.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another GP from the collection. The photo is not great but chose to post because it captures the blue hands nicely.. Time to time, I get a bug for certain brands, go on a buying spree and then work hard to rebalance the collection. 3 GPs in 6 months is a bit much but like them all.. (Yeah they are a pain in the secondary market!)

ruramave.jpg
I really like their watches a lot, particularly the their 1966 collection pieces such as yours. However, as you have noted, the secondary market on them is very tough, so I've been hesitant to pick up a GP. Fantastic looking watch, enjoy it!

Gents I picked up this Art Deco watch at an antique shop on the weekend. It's a manual Incablock from the Marvin Watch Co of Switzerland.

I haven't been able to find out much about this company. Does anybody know much about the watches that they were making a that time?
I have lots of watch books/reference materials at home, but I've never heard of that brand. Your best bet is to search the net and see what you can find out about that watch/brand. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics