• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry to drop a a cloud on you for a couple of days. Not my intention man. :embar:

You sound a bit like me, though not as bad, in that I can turn a yes into no in a moment of insomnia :crazy:

Thanks for your kind comments too

BTW Mimo's on fire with his un four seiken shout :cheers:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
In other news...pedestrian in the extreme but I thought I'd share: a night at the opera, new dinner jacket* for mimo, new dinner strap for mimo's ancient Omega. Yeah, Mr Cheapskate strikes again - approximate cost $15, or alternatively expressed as: value of mimo's watch/(cost of Cleav's watch/cost of Cleav's new croc strap). Sensible proportionality.
bigstar[1].gif

*(Also, now I can see why people almost always go for a black DJ - I've never had an off-white one before, and I can see it's going to need cleaning every damn time I wear it!)

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Thank you my friend - actually I forgot to take pics so just did so on the way back in after a very pleasant evening at the opera and a fat meal afterwards. Hence the hurried Blackberry shot on the way back in! And my sleeve wasn't that grubby when I started...but it's worth it. :) Couple more pics in WAYWRN, but not much better!

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleav, loving that Rad. Looks very nice on you as well. I constantly vacillate between the Rad and Lum, I think at the end of the day I may prefer the Rad case. But ask me tomorrow, and who knows!

Anyways, wear it in good health. It looks great on that strap.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
It may not surprise you that that very picture was among a few I showed my tailor! I am not that handsome of course, more of a face for radio. But it certainly feels good to go a little "louche" with the black tie. OK, with a few things...

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks nuke

I'm a rad man but get the lum big style

When suited and booted the other day I decided to put on my rolx. Felt weird, particularly when I picked it up and thought I must have the duchess' by mistake. Strange what you get used to!

Thanks again man

----------------------

Mimo, it is all of course in the eye of the beholder. With that rig my minds eye says :fistbump:

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cleav - loving that Black Seal. I came very close to getting the auto version a year ago. All this talk about Rads, Luminors, Speedys on straps, and IWC has me all geeked up Snowing here in DC but still have to work. Thank goodness for TWAT

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Cleav, something about that get up makes you feel that way for sure...my ego was in full agreement all evening!

RNG: that's a fine collection...more evidence yet of the appeal of the Portuguese auto - while Speedies and Panerais need no further introduction. *Envious* :)

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
quote name="rnguy001" url="/t/36253/the-watch-appreciation-thread/27030#post_6795351"]cleav - loving that Black Seal. I came very close to getting the auto version a year ago. All this talk about Rads, Luminors, Speedys on straps, and IWC has me all geeked up Snowing here in DC but still have to work. Thank goodness for TWAT [/quote]
RNG That's a lovely three ball fit for any event. Very nice. With those for company -"let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the call from AD, strap came in. Second time lucky and very pleased with my Alligator seminal dark brown

Whilst there I resisted overtures about the PPs I tried on before. The coping strategy involved deflecting conversation onto IWC and in particular the Boutique
Cleave, I'm absolutely loving the deep rich color of that new strap! Very nice choice, it looks fantastic with your PAM!!! Thanks for sharing some pix with us.

As for IWC, sadly, most of their current watches just don't interest me. I think the only watch they've made recently that I would possibly consider is the 40 mm Ingenieur. In general I prefer their older Pilot watches such as the 3706 and 3713 from the 1990s... or the original Ingenieur SL Jumbo.

In other news...pedestrian in the extreme but I thought I'd share: a night at the opera, new dinner jacket* for mimo, new dinner strap for mimo's ancient Omega. Yeah, Mr Cheapskate strikes again - approximate cost $15, or alternatively expressed as: value of mimo's watch/(cost of Cleav's watch/cost of Cleav's new croc strap). Sensible proportionality.
bigstar[1].gif

*(Also, now I can see why people almost always go for a black DJ - I've never had an off-white one before, and I can see it's going to need cleaning every damn time I wear it!)
Mimo, congrats on the new dinner jacket and watch strap. Although, it looks like you may already have gotten a stain on your sleeve. I'm hoping its just the lighting or something on the camera lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads