• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bboys - very nice straps, very nice watches.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving the TWAT lately. The PAM on brown croc is lovely. The GP above has interesting contrast the just draws you in. TC with his 24hrs comment making our mouths water.

My time crunch has been less on watches and more on buying/selling houses lately. Spending similar amount of time looking at the nuances and quirks of each house and which one I want to sink my hard earned pennies into. The other option is a cardboard box and a PP!!!

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Warning: Back door hard core pr0n (Click to show)

^^^^ LOL how many guys are thinking, "If I only had a nickel for every time I've clicked a link like that...." ^^^

alpyigit, that's a lovely GP

California Dreamer, that's an interesting tank-style watch....can't say that I'm familiar with Marvin, though.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Loving the TWAT lately.  The PAM on brown croc is lovely.  The GP above has interesting contrast the just draws you in.  TC with his 24hrs comment making our mouths water.  

My time crunch has been less on watches and more on buying/selling houses lately.  Spending similar amount of time looking at the nuances and quirks of each house and which one I want to sink my hard earned pennies into.  The other option is a cardboard box and a PP!!!

Thanks re the Pam

Ps live under a bridge and have a pp for both wrists

----------------

alpy, great GP I like the blue

Last edited:

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boom! Found a new 15400 in San Antonio and drove over today to pick it up.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Gorgeous! Congrats.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I had actually never tried on the watch (or even seen one in person) before today. Pics do not do it justice. I got goosebumps as I was peeling off all the plastic and finally revealed that brilliant finishing. And after all the debate over the various models, I find that the size is absolutely PERFECT for my taste. I could not be happier. Thanks to all TWATers for their guidance through the process!

Light is not so great in the house, I should have snapped more pics at Bucee's. LOL

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks!!! I had actually never tried on the watch (or even seen one in person) before today. Pics do not do it justice. I got goosebumps as I was peeling off all the plastic and finally revealed that brilliant finishing. And after all the debate over the various models, I find that the size is absolutely PERFECT for my taste. I could not be happier. Thanks to all TWATers for their guidance through the process!

Light is not so great in the house, I should have snapped more pics at Bucee's. LOL

YES!!!!

so nice, TC. wear it in good health.

:slayer:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My time crunch has been less on watches and more on buying/selling houses lately. Spending similar amount of time looking at the nuances and quirks of each house and which one I want to sink my hard earned pennies into. The other option is a cardboard box and a PP!!!
Mrs. Dino and I looked at a ton of homes about 2 years ago, so I know the feeling. Put the time into getting the right house, and make sure you dedicate one room to your watch/hobby stuff (and that might make the search a bit more fun...not minute repeater fun...but better). I have one room with all of my wristwatch and car reference materials, posters etc. Haven't finished setting it all up, but I love having a room with all of my vintage watch catalogs, books, ads etc.

Hey TC, congrats on a great choice! Its a watch that you will grow to enjoy more with each day that you wear it. While I admit there are a few other pieces I'd like to add to my collection in the future, I honestly find it very difficult to NOT wear my RO. It probably gets a good 90-95% of my wrist time during the year. I just love the way the watch feels, the finish, the overall design, and the quality. I find myself taking a minute or two each day just to admire the dial, or the way the light dances off the beveled edges of the case and the edges of the smaller bracelet links. I hope that you enjoy your RO as much as I adore mine. Good luck with it and congrats on a real beauty!

Also, in case the dealer did not mention it, be sure to register your watch on line with AP. They will send you a sticker that will go in the owners manual and as long as you have AP inspect the watch and do what I believe is a pressure test before the 2nd year of the warranty ends, they will extend the warranty to a 3rd year.

Again congrats and enjoy your beautiful new watch.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OMFG that is one seriously beautiful piece and a lovely pic. Congratulations!!!

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads