• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry having a terribly bad styleforum day today...but my price rand is less than $350 not $600 (typo I'm afraid to say). Though my friends at the Aus Member thread have given me this one: Hamilton Khaki as a recommendation.
Thanks despite that :) Will probably be a week before I kop it so if you have any recommendations feel free to tell :)

I will think about some options :)

ivanswk

Reaction score
seiko fever :D:slayer:
b1860fe9.jpg

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You just gotta love those Seiko divers. They also make great gifts too.

But I really like that SBDB001 :slayer:

Last edited:

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry having a terribly bad styleforum day today...but my price rand is less than $350 not $600 (typo I'm afraid to say). Though my friends at the Aus Member thread have given me this one: Hamilton Khaki as a recommendation.
Thanks despite that :) Will probably be a week before I kop it so if you have any recommendations feel free to tell :)

Something is up with that. 33mm is VERY small. The dial looks different too from other vintage dials I have seen. Typical used Khaki will run around $300-400.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this pic, can't recall if I've posted it before...

tsaJs.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe ya did, and maybe ya didnt, but its nice either way.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think my tastes are cool or refined enough for this thread, but I thought the Double Jeu was the nicest watch ever a few years ago.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I know you probably are asking others that post in this thread more frequently but I cant get past the big "T" in Piaget

I agree. It bothers me, too. I get the design point, it is trying to balance the P, and it might look better when you look at the watch in normal size. I have to see this in person to know for sure. I am looking for something like the Vacheron Masterplate Patrimony ultrathin that seems to no longer be in production. I posted it way upthread.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know you probably are asking others that post in this thread more frequently but I cant get past the big "T" in Piaget

but the "P" you are ok with? ;)

dopey - i think that is a lovely, simple and elegant watch. i am under the impression though, that piaget does not make their own movements, and the ones they order are not particularly amazing. but i could be wrong, and many dont care about that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads