• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone got it but the joke fell flat... :confused2:
I think the fabric joke was first....:cool:

That Daytona....I hate crown-guards on any watch, but on Daytona, pushers,guards,crown, alltogeather look like a messy cluster of some malignant growth that needs to be removed asap before it took over one's hand.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since it seems to be a Daytona day, here is my contribution.

AE3ABF99-8496-40D5-9250-F3AD9D6696A4.jpeg
DAB3303E-340F-4EDD-BE4A-C4D0511EAB92.jpeg
55DF689E-70AF-4909-86BE-6E44F7C3450C.jpeg

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
16528 in the middle? That's my favorite.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be acquiring a 3rd watch at some point in the coming months. I own a DJ and Sub and want to move up the ladder a bit for the next one.

BLNR and C-Daytona are the top picks- BLNR will be easy to get from my AD, the latter no chance, and I won't pay 20k so that's out.

To be honest, I've been oogling Day-Dates in yellow gold for a few weeks (online only). The value there is frankly nuts compared to the sport models. I've yet to try on in person though, and never worn gold so we'll see.

For a variety of reasons BLNR will be pretty tough to beat.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be acquiring a 3rd watch at some point in the coming months. I own a DJ and Sub and want to move up the ladder a bit for the next one.

BLNR and C-Daytona are the top picks- BLNR will be easy to get from my AD, the latter no chance, and I won't pay 20k so that's out.

To be honest, I've been oogling Day-Dates in yellow gold for a few weeks (online only). The value there is frankly nuts compared to the sport models. I've yet to try on in person though, and never worn gold so we'll see.

For a variety of reasons BLNR will be pretty tough to beat.

All are good choices, just depends on what you want. I have a few Daytonas and I really love them. Still, I have really enjoyed my BLNR, and it is probably a bit more useful for me than a Sub.

I've tried on the Day-Date just for fun. Its a nice watch, but I prefer Rolex professional/sports models. However, some of the older Day-Dates in gold are a bargain compared to the new ones. Just be sure to watch out for "Stretch" in the bracelet. In my experience Day-Date gold bracelets seem more susceptible to stretch than gold oyster bracelets.

Good luck with your Rolex shopping.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I also like the Speedy.

And like it from the back as well.
I thought chrono lever movements are a cheap version compare to clutch wheel. This seem to be a lever chrono.

Article 26

Reaction score
I thought chrono lever movements are a cheap version compare to clutch wheel. This seem to be a lever chrono.
Your point?
And it’s Colomn wheel (featuring a vertical clutch), yes the are more involved and the primary benefit is smoother depression, at the cost of being more brittle and hugely more labour intensive.
Lever chronos are much more robust and yes, cheaper to make. Hence they feature in more affordable watches.
As a point of interest: the 321 movement was a colour wheel movement, yet the Omega opted for a lever 861 in 1968 and it’s later iteration of the 1861 (and variants). While the 321 saw space, it was the 861 that went to the moon. If I recall.
Hell, most people will only every know a lever chrono as the Valjoux (ETA) 7750 is the chrono most people wear.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolex and Patek for various reasons always appealed more too me. However there were a few other select brands and models of the same type of watches I like as well. After owning some of those watches with various different complications I found it much more pleasing in pictures than on my wrist where it was harder to see. So I found plainer dials in actual use more appealing to me.

Besides there was something about this trio that really just got to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads