• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
However, whenever I see it, all I can think of is how the large crown would dig into the back of my hand all the damned time!
+1 . That crown would drive me crazy stabbing me all day long.

A question. My wife is looking for a gold watch and she prefers a bracelet. Currently the ones that have caught her eye are the Cartier Tank Francaise and the Boucheron Reflet. She will almost certainly buy quartz.

Any alternative suggestions?
Is she looking for new or pre-owned? I am guessing pre-owned is ok, if she is considering a Tank Francaise, as I don't believe they currently produces them in all gold. Anyway, if she is willing to go pre-owned it opens the door to a larger variety of watches, such as a ladies yellow gold Nautilus (I believe new ones are only available in rose), the Patek 24 in rose gold (I believe now its only available in steel), or yellow gold AP RO, or yellow gold VC 222, Phidias (although not my favorite design), or first generation yellow gold Overseas in yelllow gold in the small quartz size or medium which I think was an automatic.

If going for something new I believe your alternatives a frosted rose gold AP RO quartz 33 mm, or a rose gold PP Nautilus, or the Omega Constellation in yellow gold or rose gold (although I think both are only available with diamonds on the bezel (not sure if that is a deal breaker), or a Rolex. The Rolex and Omega seem to be the only ladies sized watches available with an automatic movement.

Wishing you and the Mrs. lots of luck choosing her watch. Cheers!

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dino.

Yes she is willing to go pre-owned as she has found the current Cartier bracelet watches not to her taste. She likes the rectangular integrated look of the Cartier Francaise rather than the larger face of most round watches even if on a bracelet. Diamonds on the bezel are certainly not a deal-breaker.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dino.

Yes she is willing to go pre-owned as she has found the current Cartier bracelet watches not to her taste. She likes the rectangular integrated look of the Cartier Francaise rather than the larger face of most round watches even if on a bracelet. Diamonds on the bezel are certainly not a deal-breaker.
You are very welcome.

If your wife likes the Cartier TF, it is a good solid choice. My wife has worn the large (men's automatic) version in steel as a daily wearer for the last 12 years and it has been very reliable. My wife is really tough on watches, banging the heck out of them and the case and bracelet are very sturdy and have held up well to the punishment she doles out to them. I think the only issue the watch had, was back when the department my wife worked in at a hospital was near the MRI department, her watch would occasionally got magnetized once or twice. Since her department moved, she hasn't had that happen again. Wishing you guys luck with whatever she chooses
cheers.gif

firenze_rob

Reaction score
Re: IWC Big Pilots. I had both the 5002 and the 5004 in steel. I liked owning them, but I was also relieved to unload them. They were cool technological marvels with the 7 day power reserves. Also, I loved their clean, and characteristic, Schaffhausen aesthetic. Also, they ticked the box with respect to historicity to luftwaffe b-uhr watches. But in the end they were too impractical to wear everyday.

If I had to do it all over again, during that time i would have picked up a 50th anniversary 40mm Blancpain Fifty Fathoms instead.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Any Basel predictions? Some are saying a SS coke GMT (black/red).

Nah...too soon after the release of the BLNR. Since the BLRO doesn't compete with the SS GMT, that wasn't a factor in releasing the "Pepsi".

tigerpac

Reaction score
I could see a ceramic coke. Lots of reasons for it not to happen but makes some sense if they're trying to create buzz through the downturn.

roomiller

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too surprised to see a Tudor GMT released. Feels like the one part of Rolex steel product line that they have yet to "replicate".

And then I'd be willing to bet money on some form of anniversary speedy.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pictures taken with camera phones also make watches look bigger on the wrist - exaggerated perspective.  If you take the picture from a little further away and zoom, I find it makes the proportions look a little more realistic.  And the photo a bit more ****, but you make your choice. :)

I was about to say the same thing. But now don't need to :D

Last edited:

Iyor

Reaction score

A question. My wife is looking for a gold watch and she prefers a bracelet. Currently the ones that have caught her eye are the Cartier Tank Francaise and the Boucheron Reflet. She will almost certainly buy quartz.

Any alternative suggestions?

Patek 4910/11R

IGotId

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too surprised to see a Tudor GMT released. Feels like the one part of Rolex steel product line that they have yet to "replicate".

And then I'd be willing to bet money on some form of anniversary speedy.

Going out on a limb!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
First anniversary of the 2016 Moon Watch? James Bond Pension Edition Seamaster? Beige Side of the Moon?

Rolex platinum blueberry GMT (with diamond-decorated versions next year). But I'd love it to be a steel Coke.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the point- any new model SS Rolex sports will have a wait list for few years minimum.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
It will have a rumoured waiting list, some people will pay a premium on the grey market, and six months later you'll be able to get one from the AD in reasonable order. :)

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will have a rumoured waiting list, some people will pay a premium on the grey market, and six months later you'll be able to get one from the AD in reasonable order. :)

In that case, kindly toddle off to said AD and pick me up a 116500 at list, old bean. Much obliged!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads