• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I5NAcay.jpg
I wondered where my shoes went

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoying my garbage very much on this nato recently.
IMG_9077.jpeg

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been enjoying this recent addition this week.

View attachment 1999793
That's a beauty! Also a very interesting piece. I noticed the Arabic numerals and indices are placed differently than on the recent Prive pieces. On the "Standard version" that was recently offered it is the even numbers that were done in Arabic numerals, but yours has all of the odd numbers. Did you commission this piece, or was it part of a series for a specific market?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience selling a watch on Chrono24? Commission of 6.5% seems reasonable compared especially to ebay. I've bought via the platform before and think the escrow process will give piece of mind vs listing on a forum like Reddit or Watchuseek. How soon are you expected to ship once a buyer confirms? I took photos of 2 watches today and will be going out of town for a week, back home for one night, them out of town for another week. Wondering whether I should just wait until travel is complete before listing. Any other thoughts or things I should know as a seller?
What kind of watch and have you sent pix and prices to some of the usual gray dealers to see what they might offer you for it?

An acquaintance said he has tried them in the past. He said unless its a very popular brand, and even then sometimes, it's largely a lot of tire kickers with no intention of buying. This person works in the industry and writes for watch publications.

pmeis

Reaction score
What kind of watch and have you sent pix and prices to some of the usual gray dealers to see what they might offer you for it?

An acquaintance said he has tried them in the past. He said unless its a very popular brand, and even then sometimes, it's largely a lot of tire kickers with no intention of buying. This person works in the industry and writes for watch publications.

Yes, I think it really depends on the brand/types of watches. Watchuseek can definitely maximize your take, but is not without risk. Ebay to me is a place of last resort or where maximizing dollars back isn't a priority.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing rare or super high value--an Oris. Would only be expecting around $2k at most. It's really an entry level watch, and not something I'd expect many places to be particularly interested in.

pmeis

Reaction score
Nothing rare or super high value--an Oris. Would only be expecting around $2k at most. It's really an entry level watch, and not something I'd expect many places to be particularly interested in.

Forums or trading it into a dealer against something else are probably the best use of your time/resources with an Oris.

onehotchili

Reaction score
Been awhile since my last post... but I just got my 5167a back from being serviced. Took them just about 3 months. Patek threw in this very nice leather case as well.

As always, I am enjoying everyone's Wrist shots. Very soon I'll be in the market for another piece... Last year of paying for 2 college tuitions to elite private schools in Boston and Philly. Yay!!!

IMG_3051.jpeg
IMG_3055.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads