• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't be happier.

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 10.47.11 AM.png

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How depressing having to simp to your AD. I want my dealer to send me postcards, begging me to buy their overpriced and useless trinkets. Enjoying the depreciation of this piece and others, and what it hopefully means for future buying experiences :cool:
Living up to your name?

...If this be our condition, thus to dwell
In narrow circuit strait’nd by a Foe,
Suttle or violent, we not endu’d
Single with like defence, wherever met,
How are we happie, still in fear of harm?
But harm precedes not sin: onely our Foe
Tempting affronts us with his foul esteem
Of our integritie...

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Living up to your name?

...If this be our condition, thus to dwell
In narrow circuit strait’nd by a Foe,
Suttle or violent, we not endu’d
Single with like defence, wherever met,
How are we happie, still in fear of harm?
But harm precedes not sin: onely our Foe
Tempting affronts us with his foul esteem
Of our integritie...
Ah, yes, the integrity of resisting servitude, while expecting servitude…(barf)

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, guys...going into the AD a few times and having pleasant conversations with your SA about watches and maybe even exchanging some texts/emails - just to be allocated watches that are scarcely available - is fvcking crazy! Much better to pay a steep premium on the grey market and retain one's anti-social dignity!

Seriously, Gus gets himself a nice watch after some common sense socializing and you guys find a way to spit in his soup? Boomer fest...

I have a 1992 Sub that I got in 1993. I traded a 1959 Gretsch 6119 guitar for it. (that guitar, worth then the same as a year-old Sub, today is worth about $3,750 but still is a great guitar). I had admired Rolex subs since the 60's due to ads in National Geographic and James Bond films. Most of all, it was a watch I could wear anywhere anytime. I've enjoyed wearing it almost everyday for 30 years. I did buy a few interesting watches in the early 2000's. One from a Swiss boutique maker and another a WWII German pilots watch, both that I sold as I always went back to my trusty Sub. In the last couple years I noticed the change in the new Sub and Explorer models with a different movement, longer power reserve, enhanced bracelet and I thought I would like to try something new. As the market went crazy I thought, I'll give it a try at retail, but if not, I'll stick with my Sub. Plus, where I live there is only one AD in the entire state. No way I was going to pay $17-18K at the height of the grey market for a new one. Plus, the dealer is in a shopping district where my wife likes to visit every few months, so stopping in to have fun trying on watches was enjoyable (and they would bring out coffee on a silver tray with chocolates). Anyway, we will head down on Monday, pick up the watch and then go and have an enjoyable lunch.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 1992 Sub that I got in 1993. I traded a 1959 Gretsch 6119 guitar for it. (that guitar, worth then the same as a year-old Sub, today is worth about $3,750 but still is a great guitar). I had admired Rolex subs since the 60's due to ads in National Geographic and James Bond films. Most of all, it was a watch I could wear anywhere anytime. I've enjoyed wearing it almost everyday for 30 years. I did buy a few interesting watches in the early 2000's. One from a Swiss boutique maker and another a WWII German pilots watch, both that I sold as I always went back to my trusty Sub. In the last couple years I noticed the change in the new Sub and Explorer models with a different movement, longer power reserve, enhanced bracelet and I thought I would like to try something new. As the market went crazy I thought, I'll give it a try at retail, but if not, I'll stick with my Sub. Plus, where I live there is only one AD in the entire state. No way I was going to pay $17-18K at the height of the grey market for a new one. Plus, the dealer is in a shopping district where my wife likes to visit every few months, so stopping in to have fun trying on watches was enjoyable (and they would bring out coffee on a silver tray with chocolates). Anyway, we will head down on Monday, pick up the watch and then go and have an enjoyable lunch.
Whatever, dude. Stop groveling!

;-)

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

a very good trade imho ... i remember a buddy's dad had a gibson lg-0 that he had gotten for - wait for it - a 65 strat smh .

that little gibson was a fun git but what a terrible trade .

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a very good trade imho ... i remember a buddy's dad had a gibson lg-0 that he had gotten for - wait for it - a 65 strat smh .

that little gibson was a fun git but what a terrible trade .
Jim’ll Paint It: Richter playing Schumann on a Gibson - wearing a gold Daytona - for a weeping SA in shackles…

symphvaria

Reaction score
I know TWAT has a more favorable opinion of the Bulgari Octo Finissimo, but how do we feel about these limited versions made in collaboration with Tadao Ando?
103534-bulgari-octo-finissimo-tadao-ando-limited-edition-2-.jpg

There's something really striking about them that attracts me more than the standard titanium or steel versions, and I'm honestly compelled to go check out how those wear on my wrist to see if these limited versions might end up being my next watch...

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know TWAT has a more favorable opinion of the Bulgari Octo Finissimo, but how do we feel about these limited versions made in collaboration with Tadao Ando?
View attachment 1910473
There's something really striking about them that attracts me more than the standard titanium or steel versions, and I'm honestly compelled to go check out how those wear on my wrist to see if these limited versions might end up being my next watch...
I tried on the carbon fiber tourbillon at the Ginza boutique a couple years ago (as I understand it was the last of the 8 made at the time). It was spectacular but huge at 42mm. I owned the standard 40mm for several years. Here it is on my pencil neck 19cm wrist.

D110F7B6-0BF5-41F8-8CAB-6CE084A30942.jpeg

The other Ando versions I never found very special.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads