• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20230303_182436.jpg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that was a Panerai I’d buy immediately.
It's a Heuer.
Great Gus, congrats!

The SA at the biggest Rolex AD in Cinci where I’ve shopped told me he allocated a Batman GMT to a guy bc he sent monthly Batman themed greeting cards (and things like Batman Lego’s etc).
So, it works to simply dote/date your sales associate!
I bet he allocated the piece so the guy would leave him alone.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m glad I got my Rolex when I did. My experience included walking into the store, trying it on and giving them my credit card. Entire thing took less than ten minutes of my life. I guess if you want something bad enough it might be worth the whole deal of prostrating yourself before some salesperson, but I have never wanted anything that much. Personally, I’d pay above retail before I’d grovel.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m glad I got my Rolex when I did. My experience included walking into the store, trying it on and giving them my credit card. Entire thing took less than ten minutes of my life. I guess if you want something bad enough it might be worth the whole deal of prostrating yourself before some salesperson, but I have never wanted anything that much. Personally, I’d pay above retail before I’d grovel.
I walked in and bought mine back in 2000 as well. They were hard to find where I lived but I managed to get one on a business trip.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, guys...going into the AD a few times and having pleasant conversations with your SA about watches and maybe even exchanging some texts/emails - just to be allocated watches that are scarcely available - is fvcking crazy! Much better to pay a steep premium on the grey market and retain one's anti-social dignity!

Seriously, Gus gets himself a nice watch after some common sense socializing and you guys find a way to spit in his soup? Boomer fest...

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, guys...going into the AD a few times and having pleasant conversations with your SA about watches and maybe even exchanging some texts/emails - just to be allocated watches that are scarcely available - is fvcking crazy! Much better to pay a steep premium on the grey market and retain one's anti-social dignity!

Seriously, Gus gets himself a nice watch after some common sense socializing and you guys find a way to spit in his soup? Boomer fest...

I think it’s great he got his watch. I said I totally understand it if you want something that bad. And yeah, I admit readily to be a misanthrope.

And I’m nearly young enough to be a millennial…but not quite.

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it’s great he got his watch. I said I totally understand it if you want something that bad. And yeah, I admit readily to be a misanthrope.

And I’m nearly young enough to be a millennial…but not quite.
I was mainly referring to the sentiment that there is some sort of valor in the manner in which one purchases their [gold] Rolex, that entails a cowering SA who quakes and pleads in the presence of the worthy! Haha...what a load of sh*t!

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I’d pay above retail before I’d grovel.

I won't grovel but I refuse to pay a premium so that means I go without. I was able to get the watch I wanted in just over two weeks from the Rolex Boutique but it wasn't a hype watch. I'm genuinely curious what happens when I ask for a Daytona, the only other Rolex I'd like to buy.

2023 Ref. 124270:

DSC03945.jpg

I walked in and bought mine back in 2000 as well. They were hard to find where I lived but I managed to get one on a business trip.
I've shared this before but when seeking the new (2007-8) ceramic SS GMT, I found the hunt quite fun. I visited AD's all over the country for a good six months before I found one. I looked at so many different watches that year. No availability in cities like Miami, Chicago, SF, LA, DC, San Diego, Boston. Got stuck in a smaller market one night and the mall based AD had one in the case that had been sitting for a while. He even started at 10% discount.

That kind of hunt was enjoyable as I knew there would be a payoff at some point. Nowadays, the idea of begging a salesperson for a luxury good is more than a bit off-putting. I still travel often but knowing that the chances of finding something in stock is virtually zero keeps me from even trying.

2008 Ref. 116710:

dsc03076-jpg.1753224

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads