• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You golf in those? I can't play with anything other than my G Shock. I think the weight of a mechanical watch throws me off.

Lacking the cool factor of the ski shots, but here's this morning...loading up one of the horses for a show.

View attachment 1858458
I went golfing once. They kicked me off the course and banned me from the club forever. Not gonna get into the details.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garmim for backcountry, unquestionably. Just for safety and actual tool reasons.

This was just some early season skiing, so nothing serious. Mainly green and blue groomers, but found some nice technical terrain with a little boot pack. This is in Banff, and conditions were better than some US resorts in January.
I’ve never skied in Alberta. But with my brother living in Kelowna, BC for ten years, I skied much of BC. My favorite (although very cold) was Revelstoke.

P.S. I never wear watches while exercising. Nor do I listen to music.

Last edited:

NonServiam

Reaction score
For skiing, how about a polar Explorer II? :)
602AFD8B-6E87-428A-9AC2-0668F67BFE4C.jpeg

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ski aggressively all the time with my Sub/GMT/Daytona. Snowmobile too. Also play golf in all 3, ride dirt bikes/ATVs, hike, raft, etc. I know they’re beefier than the Octo, but a quartz-only policy seems unnecessary. Like the look of that Tag though.

Sub/GMT/Daytona are solid sport watches so nothing wrong with having them on slopes. It's not like I have the quartz-only policy. It is just that quartz watches make more sense to me while skiing. But I can see myself skiing with my mechanical Omega or Tudors.

ctp120

Reaction score
You golf in those? I can't play with anything other than my G Shock. I think the weight of a mechanical watch throws me off.

Lacking the cool factor of the ski shots, but here's this morning...loading up one of the horses for a show.

View attachment 1858458
I think at this point it would feel weirder without it. I’m probably not good enough for it make a difference anyways.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was planning to get the Tank Must - solar or regular doesn't really matter to me. But today I tried this GS SBGW231G and they impressed me very much. Seems like the perfect classic, well-made watch with a vintage feel.

52510963679_c59dcaa13d_b.jpg

52510686466_c6aeb699a2_b.jpg

This GMT is also a very nice option but bulkier on my wrist and less refined.

52510689566_542e7f6f80_b.jpg

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was planning to get the Tank Must - solar or regular doesn't really matter to me. But today I tried this GS SBGW231G and they impressed me very much. Seems like the perfect classic, well-made watch with a vintage feel.

52510963679_c59dcaa13d_b.jpg

52510686466_c6aeb699a2_b.jpg

This GMT is also a very nice option but bulkier on my wrist and less refined.

52510689566_542e7f6f80_b.jpg
I’ve said this before, but if GS made that watch in 40mm I would own 47 of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads