• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize you were merely speaking about your opinion of the design. I thought you meant there was a physical defect/ weakness in the case design, such that it is easily damaged (the way lugs on Patek 5119s are delicate and known for breaking off if one accidentally bangs it against something). Personally, I like the Lange cases and their lugs but again that's subjective.

The new Parmigianis are a big improvement over the old ones, but I'm still not in love with them. At least not yet.

Nah nothing physically wrong with them, just boring/half assed design compared to others in the same range IMO. Now that Lange does the case work themselves (IIRC?) I think it would be good if they did something a little more unique.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally, the new strap came in! Very stoked!

C4AC0287-641F-4878-B566-C96DBF51E9FC.jpeg

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Nah nothing physically wrong with them, just boring/half assed design compared to others in the same range IMO. Now that Lange does the case work themselves (IIRC?) I think it would be good if they did something a little more unique.

Just about every brand in existence has a Patek-calatrava inspired case. It’s about as un-unique as it comes.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was able to see this one in the flesh the other day, and have to say, I walked away impressed! It would be great if they got rid of the date, but I am kind of coming around to the 4:30 date window - I find it far less obtrusive in-person than in macro photographs.

The "cadence" titanium is super light, the solitary roman numeral is a marked improvement, and the movement is very cool.

View attachment 1722461
Great looking piece. I was in a watch store in Orlando that carried Chopard a couple of months ago, but they don't stock them in store and they have to special order them.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting.
Here’s a pic of my late Dad’s watch which my brother now looks after. It needs to go for a full service, I’m trying to persuade him to get it done. He told me our Dad got it during the Tokyo Olympics as he’d been impressed / swayed by the Seiko sponsorship. There are pics of it on a brown leather strap but I remember him wearing it on a striped NATO style ribbon band before he got this ugly Speidel elastic band. He wore it daily until about 1976 when he got a push button LED digital quartz! The crown on this version is different to yours as it fully recesses.
198DAB27-A928-406E-86A3-26B8D8B6CD67.jpeg
A25F7380-4B81-47A0-B2FD-8D7E9D62E6AD.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads