• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Love that 1921 watch. Doubt it is coming in platinum. What was the discount % that you were offered on incoming item, if ydmm asking?
Website offers to shop for 36.5mm via telephone, encouraging.

You can get it in platinum with blue numbers or what appear to be applied white gold numbers. The latter is a new model.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally some proper sub weather!

2FACD22E-C1F3-48E6-B2AE-C90EC97C7AB1.jpeg

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fun experience recently with a Patek AD in the Caribbean. An online acquaintance had received a call from the dealer offering a package deal: an opportunity to buy a steel annual calendar Nautilus on bracelet (ref. 5726) if he also bought a perpetual calendar they had sitting in stock (ref. 5159). He wasn’t interested and passed the lead on to others online.

I contacted the dealer immediately and introduced myself. They denied they had a 5726 to sell. I pointed out that another customer had been told about it and there might be a package deal. The sales associate said: “I’m not able to confirm this offer at this time. If you fill-out a personal application, I’d be happy to continue the conversation after reviewing your history.”

Okaaaaay. Sure why not. I filled-out the form, which asked for profession, title, employer, current watch collection, prior watches owned, etc. I listed a dozen current watches, including three Pateks. I didn’t hear anything back for hours. When I checked-in, the sales associate said that his “VP” was reviewing my “case”.

Finally, they called me back right before end of business: “Regretfully, we are not able to continue discussing the watch that you asked about, nor can we confirm it’s availability.” WTF. I asked why not, to which he responded: “Our research shows that you sold a Panerai in 2015 and a Cartier Tank in 2017. To put it delicately, we need to be extra-careful about the sorts of clients we work with and these activities were flagged as potential concerns.” Head. Exploding. I stopped being nice and polite: “So, you mean to tell me, because I sold two watches over the past six years, both of which I lost money on and neither of which are Pateks, that I am somehow a reputational risk as a flipper??? That is as stupid as it is insulting.”

He suddenly got very apologetic in tone and said: “Sir, I understand your frustration, but you need to understand that our clients each regularly spend a million dollars a year on Pateks and are not the sort to ever sell a watch. Now, if you would like to build a relationship with us, my VP says he’d be willing to give you the opportunity to win our trust despite your previous history. We would suggest starting off with two grand complications as a gesture of commitment to our store and then we can revisit your status.”

I laughed and told him to tell his “VP” to go ************.
All right I'm gonna bite. There are only five possible stores and I'm fairly sure you weren't talking to the AD in SXM or the AD in St. Barts. I'm also fairly certain it wasn't Cayman. I know the guy that either owns or co-owns all three of those stores. Those three places don't bundle watches AFAIK because they don't have to, especially these days when the rich people they cater to have more $$ than ever. That leaves Jamaica and USVI. I feel like it's unlikely to be Jamaica. USVI is a Little Switzerland franchise, my impression was that they would sell anything to anyone with enough money (They also had an SXM franchise but they shut it down due to Covid, I kind of know them too)

So here's the fun part, if it was StB, SXM or the Caymans I can likely get you the 5726, maybe even without the need to buy the other watch in a bundle. I can also almost certainly get Cayman to sell it to you just through my contacts with the guy who used to run the store in St Maarten. LMK if you'd like me to make that call.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
?
Wow, that is a superb group.
What are the models/years?
Do you wear them all, even the pocket-watch?
Great stuff.
My Geographique is from about 94. I remember seeing a photo of it in a magazine while in a lounge at SFO. It seemed the perfect travel watch. It's a calibre 929 with the Odysseus case (prior to the Master Control series). And, yes, I do wear it.

I can't give you details of the others except to say my father got his Vacheron (with JLC movement) in the late 60's or early 70's. My grandfather got his JLC in the late 30's or the 40's. My great grandfather got his pocket watch in the 1800's. I do wear the two wristwatches, but I don't really use the pocket watch. Well, I have put it in my vest pocket when wearing semi-formal.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right I'm gonna bite. There are only five possible stores and I'm fairly sure you weren't talking to the AD in SXM or the AD in St. Barts. I'm also fairly certain it wasn't Cayman. I know the guy that either owns or co-owns all three of those stores. Those three places don't bundle watches AFAIK because they don't have to, especially these days when the rich people they cater to have more $$ than ever. That leaves Jamaica and USVI. I feel like it's unlikely to be Jamaica. USVI is a Little Switzerland franchise, my impression was that they would sell anything to anyone with enough money (They also had an SXM franchise but they shut it down due to Covid, I kind of know them too)

So here's the fun part, if it was StB, SXM or the Caymans I can likely get you the 5726, maybe even without the need to buy the other watch in a bundle. I can also almost certainly get Cayman to sell it to you just through my contacts with the guy who used to run the store in St Maarten. LMK if you'd like me to make that call.

Are you the Dos Equis guy?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dude, serious? Would happily take you up on that offer. Would be crazy not to.

5726 can be the new forum watch.

Last edited:

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, serious? Would happily take you up on that offer. Would be crazy not to.

5726 can be the new forum watch.
I love it when the forum helps each other. Foo, why not also go for a Naoya Hida ( ) , Urban Jürgensen ( ) or Journe ( )?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads