• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Essentially.
Very Lorenzo Cifonelli. I - no snark - love that design. Any trips to Paris planned? In case you need to order bespoak footwear to complement the outfit, cowboy boots in French are “santiags”. Someone like atelier du tranchet would be thrilled to make them while Pauline Brosset can make the 11-gallon hat.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very Lorenzo Cifonelli. I - no snark - love that design. Any trips to Paris planned? In case you need to order bespoak footwear to complement the outfit, cowboy boots in French are “santiags”. Someone like atelier du tranchet would be thrilled to make them while Pauline Brosset can make the 11-gallon hat.

Thinking of going back in December for my 40th. Drop by Cifonelli for some long overdue fittings, finally get the second fitting for my tortoise shell glasses at Maison Bonnet, maybe pick-up a new watch, have dinner at Ambroisie, etc.--it would make for a pretty awesome birthday weekend. Who knows, there might even be a batch of denim shirts waiting for me at Charvet...

To be clear, I'm not trying to dress like a cowboy. I just want some western shirts to wear casually.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What would you say has been the percentage price impact? Where could I find reliable data on current prices?

Asking prices for unworn Laurent Ferrier watches are 40% below retail. Actual selling prices are more like 50-55% off. This has persisted for the last few years, despite rapidly rising prices amongst peers (see FP Journe, Patek, etc.).

Then look at their unrelenting releases of "limited" editions and willingness to make any manner of one-off models for a minor surcharge. None of these limited editions or unique pieces enjoy any market premium.

Now they are selling through Mr. Porter. After getting dropped from Hodinkee's online shop within less than a year.

Collector confidence in their future is, to put it mildly, not strong.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thinking of going back in December for my 40th. Drop by Cifonelli for some long overdue fittings, finally get the second fitting for my tortoise shell glasses at Maison Bonnet, maybe pick-up a new watch, have dinner at Ambroisie, etc.--it would make for a pretty awesome birthday weekend. Who knows, there might even be a batch of denim shirts waiting for me at Charvet...

To be clear, I'm not trying to dress like a cowboy. I like want some western shirts to wear casually.
sounds great. I bet you could pull off the western look better than Ben Shapiro tho

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As for being a insufferable prick ... hell that describes a big chunk of Style Forum ... some in this very thread. I qualify at times.
Oh, you didn't know?

After we members spend countless hours conjuring up cool 'n' cute usernames (some even twice....) and countless more hours conjuring up super-secret passwords, @RJman just plugs them all into the StyFo Code Machine, and every single combo gets immediately changed, inside the system, to:
Username: insufferable
Password: prick

Except of course for that one guy who also gets a gold star before and after.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be clear, I'm not trying to dress like a cowboy. I just want some western shirts to wear casually.
A bit odd that you somehow thought we actually needed that clarification, Billy, but thanks anyway. Got it right squared in all our minds now, even if tout a déjà été fait....

Agnelli-in-washed-denim-with-watch-on-top-of-shirt-cuff.jpg

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
1. Drop by Cifonelli for some long overdue fittings,
2. the second fitting for my tortoise shell glasses at Maison Bonnet,
3. maybe pick-up a new watch,
4. have dinner at Ambroisie.
5. batch of denim shirts waiting for me at Charvet...
I counted 5 megathreads. Do any of these already present anywhere online? (no snark, would read)

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Four generations of watch fans
IMG_4813.jpg
IMG_4808 (2).jpg
IMG_4809.jpg
IMG_4810.jpg
IMG_4812.jpg

maternal great grandfather
paternal grandfather
father
yours truly

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, you didn't know?

After we members spend countless hours conjuring up cool 'n' cute usernames (some even twice....) and countless more hours conjuring up super-secret passwords, @RJman just plugs them all into the StyFo Code Machine, and every single combo gets immediately changed, inside the system, to:
Username: insufferable
Password: prick

Except of course for that one guy who also gets a gold star before and after.
dafuq?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asking prices for unworn Laurent Ferrier watches are 40% below retail. Actual selling prices are more like 50-55% off. This has persisted for the last few years, despite rapidly rising prices amongst peers (see FP Journe, Patek, etc.).

Then look at their unrelenting releases of "limited" editions and willingness to make any manner of one-off models for a minor surcharge. None of these limited editions or unique pieces enjoy any market premium.

Now they are selling through Mr. Porter. After getting dropped from Hodinkee's online shop within less than a year.

Collector confidence in their future is, to put it mildly, not strong.
Just out of curiosity I looked up LF prices on Chrono for BNIB/unworn. They seem to be all over the map with some being listed at slight discount to others at 40% off. Seems kind of like most brands except Rolex. Only thing LF needs is a steel sports watch to hype the brand to force bundling like what Patek does and Lange started doing.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads