• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Who is copping some merch?

That stuff is silly but as the dad of a 15 years old I can tell you that TS merch is incredibly popular and difficult to get at retail. It’s obviously manufactured scarcity, so Travis Scott is the Rolex/PP of the music world.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That stuff is silly but as the dad of a 15 years old I can tell you that TS merch is incredibly popular and difficult to get at retail. It’s obviously manufactured scarcity, so Travis Scott is the Rolex/PP of the music world.
I really wonder why he is so popular with younger generations. I would rather listen to the sound of flushing down the toilet than his music. There are talented artists in every generation, but Travis is definitely not one of them. So I will never understand his popularity.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wonder why he is so popular with younger generations. I would rather listen to the sound of flushing down the toilet than his music. There are talented artists in every generation, but Travis is definitely not one of them. So I will never understand his popularity.

OK boomer.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Crazy thing is, it’s not just his music. There were a pair of Nikes he collaborated on. So I signed up for a bunch of raffles for my kid. I ended up winning three of them so my kid sold the extra two on eBay and they went for three times retail :oops:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard Buffalo would be nice this time of year. Imagine my surprise when I arrive to snow.

As an experienced traveler, rest assured I have my eyes peeled for mopeds and machetes.

There was an attractive woman (aka potential spotter) on the elevator when I got back from dinner last night. No thank you, I’ll take the next car please.

IMG_0193.jpeg

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy thing is, it’s not just his music. There were a pair of Nikes he collaborated on. So I signed up for a bunch of raffles for my kid. I ended up winning three of them so my kid sold the extra two on eBay and they went for three times retail :oops:
I know all about it. I just turned 31 so far from boomer. I grew up on hip-hop and rap that is why I really don't get the hype about Travis. The guy can barely speak.

I think everything really started mostly because resell on sneakers was slowly dying down and he was basically the only famous collaborator left with Nike, so his jordans were the only shoe people could still really push grey market prices as high as possible and that is why most people started to think he is so special. It was never really about him but more about his name on super limited products and timing was perfect and it played out the best way possible for him.

I remember when blue Air Jordan 4s dropped in 2018 while Off White was the hottest ****, nobody cared about Travis Jordans back then. You could get them 50 bucks over retail for months. His Collabs got super popular when Nike did not have anyone else anymore and the Off White was completely played out after pushing collabs every month for almost 3 years.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong thread. Needs to go to late stage capitalism thread.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics