• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NGL I like the turdor aesthetics a lot more than rolex 9/10 times. Great watch.

Polar Explorer II is the one rolex i really like (and have been trying to buy for over a year). Other than that plenty of stuff i prefer to rolex at similar pricepoint (BP, GO).

Re: tudor, if you told me i had to choose between a modern rolex sub and a tudor pelagos to wear every day for the rest of my life, i would pick the pelagos without hesitation.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the poor talking. Happens to me sometimes too. I try to bury it deep before it pops up again.

I hear online therapy works.

I won't buy another Tudor unfortunately. I'm not a fan of the others, they all seem a bit bland and boring to me (excluding the GMT) But the bb58 is a winner.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like it, good choice.

I prefer the one you previously posted, though, even more distinctive and subtle, in my opinion.

View attachment 1908257
Yeah, the 38 copper dial LE is a beautiful watch too. It happened to go very nicely with the outfit I was wearing the first day I tried it. However, when I went back to the AD with a friend, I realized it was less versatile and a bit dainty/dressier than what I ultimately wanted (almost like a two-tone DJ sort of vibe?) - especially when compared to the 42, which I hadn’t even tried during my initial visit. If GP ever makes a full gold 38 Laureato, though, it would be on my radar (next up for me is probably a full gold piece for when I turn 50 in a few years…)

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the 38 copper dial LE is a beautiful watch too. It happened to go very nicely with the outfit I was wearing the first day I tried it. However, when I went back to the AD with a friend, I realized it was less versatile and a bit dainty/dressier than what I ultimately wanted (almost like a two-tone DJ sort of vibe?) - especially when compared to the 42, which I hadn’t even tried during my initial visit. If GP ever makes a full gold 38 Laureato, though, it would be on my radar (next up for me is probably a full gold piece for when I turn 50 in a few years…)

Good objective. You might also consider the 222.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good objective. You might also consider the 222.
Well, yes, in many ways that would be a much better choice, but I've posted about the new 222 already. I don't really like it. I think the proportions of dial to bracelet are off (to me it looks like a strange gold bracelet that happens to have a watch on it, rather than a watch with a gold bracelet...strong Wonder Woman vibe to me...haha. I think the bracelet should taper more aggressively).

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, yes, in many ways that would be a much better choice, but I've posted about the new 222 already. I don't really like it. I think the proportions of dial to bracelet are off (to me it looks like a strange gold bracelet that happens to have a watch on it, rather than a watch with a gold bracelet...strong Wonder Woman vibe to me...haha. I think the bracelet should taper more aggressively).
Unrelated: any suggestions as to who i might find a decent recording of Schumann Sonata #2, OP 22…

CALL goes out to others

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unrelated: any suggestions as to who i might find a decent recording of Schumann Sonata #2, OP 22…

CALL goes out to others
The second piano sonata is a blind spot for me. However, this recording of Gidon Kremer and Martha Argerich of the 2nd violin sonata is a winner in my book! It appears Argerich also has more than few recordings of the 2nd piano sonata, but I'm not familiar with them (that's where I would probably start, though...).

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads