• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start art threak if you dare.

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Congratulations, but watch out--art is a deeper rabbit hole than clothing, shoes, or watches because there's so much great stuff out there. I've stopped buying all three of the latter to pour all my discretionary income into art.
Yeah seriously. It’s a house warming gift for my fiancé for our first home we just bought. Not like a multi million dollar Warhol of the soup cans, but a funky piece I was able to pick up for a more reasonable price.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start art threak if you dare.
Art is very personal and a stronger signaler of who you are than clothing, shoes, or watches. I have seen many private art collections and no two were remotely similar, much less alike. (Compare that to watches, where every rich collector seems to have a vintage Rolex Daytona, a PP Nautilus, an AP Royal Oak, and a small indie like Laurent Ferrier or FP Journe.) I'm not sure I want to put myself out there, but maybe we can talk art generally and I will show one or two of my pieces. :)
Where do you keep all your art?
I have around 35 works in my 1,000 square foot apartment, and I like to show all of them. It sounds like a lot, but not all of my pieces (in fact quite few) are large paintings. I have art on tables and leaning against a wall (both sitting on the floor and on elevated surfaces) in addition to hanging on the wall. I hate salon-style presentation--I like each piece to have enough room for the viewer to enjoy by itself--so I'm gradually running out of space and need to be more discriminating on what to buy.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Art is very personal and a stronger signaler of who you are than clothing, shoes, or watches. I have seen many private art collections and no two were remotely similar, much less alike. (Compare that to watches, where every rich collector seems to have a vintage Rolex Daytona, a PP Nautilus, an AP Royal Oak, and a small indie like Laurent Ferrier or FP Journe.) I'm not sure I want to put myself out there, but maybe we can talk art generally and I will show one or two of my pieces. :)

I have around 35 works in my 1,000 square foot apartment, and I like to show all of them. It sounds like a lot, but not all of my pieces (in fact quite few) are large paintings. I have art on tables and leaning against a wall (both sitting on the floor and on elevated surfaces) in addition to hanging on the wall. I hate salon-style presentation--I like each piece to have enough room for the viewer to enjoy by itself--so I'm gradually running out of space and need to be more discriminating on what to buy.

I have some pieces I consider "seasonal" and put out say only during the Winter months. Allows me to justify a new piece from time to time.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on a friend's AP 15202 Jumbo- holy ****. That's what being a neuro gets you, I guess. I didn't realize how.... delicate? it would be after seeing it in person.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on a friend's AP 15202 Jumbo- holy ****. That's what being a neuro gets you, I guess. I didn't realize how.... delicate? it would be after seeing it in person.

I guess it depends on what you are comparing it to. Personally, I think it feels slim, but sporty and robust enough to wear every day (at least if you have a desk job:wink:). I have worn mine almost daily for nearly 8 years. It also originated at a time when watch companies were striving to make thinner watches, rather than enormous watches that have been popular in the last 10-15 years or so. I found the Nautilus 5711 feels far more delicate, to the point I felt the bracelet seemed almost flimsy and too dainty for the case. They heaviest/chunkiest feeling of sports watches from the "Big Three" is definitely the Overseas, but probably because its design is far newer and arrived when people wanted very large watches.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to try on the 15202 at the AP boutique a couple of years ago. The YG champagne dial is by far my favorite version. If only I had $60k to drop on a watch I would’ve got it. They also had the 15202 skeleton model (don’t remember the exact reference) which was like $85k.

378AE297-8667-421E-86F4-90A9D4171F59.jpeg

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A 15202 is worth about what I make in a year- not sure I’d wear it either. Pretty, though.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got to try on the 15202 at the AP boutique a couple of years ago. The YG champagne dial is by far my favorite version.

View attachment 1405353

I tried that watch on in their Vegas boutique a few years ago. I liked the case and bracelet in yellow gold, but for me the champagne dial makes it too monochromatic. Its just too much yellow. I need a different color dial to break it up a bit. Still it is a beauty.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I could afford a 15202, but I did some reading and discovered that the date is not quickset. WTF? It's 2020 and you can't make a watch with a thin movement and a quickset date? Seems like a fetishization of the past more than anything else.

ricghkim49

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was gifted with this vintage Piaget from my Father in Law. It used to belong to my wife's grandfather. Would anybody know a trustworthy place to get this serviced in the NYC area?
Thanks ahead of time

Attachments

• 8A957D2A-1509-4BD6-9361-E93577EF6172.JPG
    8A957D2A-1509-4BD6-9361-E93577EF6172.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was gifted with this vintage Piaget from my Father in Law. It used to belong to my wife's grandfather. Would anybody know a trustworthy place to get this serviced in the NYC area?
Thanks ahead of time

Congratulations. I quite like that dial.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllHustle417