• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Andre A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick ******* sucks.
For Real. I knew he was gonna get all EMO on Carol - apocalypse doesn't have time for this bull or a leader who would have the kahunas to take out plague ridden members who would (not could) kill everyone...HELLO we thought all your feelings ran away when your son shot your own zombie wife in the head after giving birth to not your daughter. Fools.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While we're raiding the drugs cabinet, let's only get the exact specific medicine we need instead of grabbing everything else that may potentially be of use in the future! Duh!

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ had the exact same thought watching it last night (it airs later here). Pretty dumb

doushijiade

Reaction score
i think so,People will die left and right with little buildup, making the world more depressing.thank you
13.gif

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Water > Shelter > Food > Rescue are the rules of survival.

They seem to have water.

It is insane that the prison isn't better protected. Most state prisons of a certain age like this one are not that big and it should be fairly easy to clear it out, but it took them forever to do that if it's done at all.

By now they should have scoured every building within 100 miles of any and every useful food item, medicine and weapon. But again, no.

Why is there no one monitoring a radio or sending out a signal? Hell, they even did that in Lost.

I hate this show.

lefty

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

While we're raiding the drugs cabinet, let's only get the exact specific medicine we need instead of grabbing everything else that may potentially be of use in the future! Duh!

Are you really advocating just mindlessly hauling anything you see? You really want to waste valuable space by mistakenly hauling 60 bottles of sleeping pills instead of specific drugs or antibiotics? It was actually smart to operate with a wish list so you can load up on what you actually need.

By now they should have scoured every building within 100 miles of any and every useful food item, medicine and weapon. But again, no.

The show has been somewhat consistent with the issue of fuel. Not sure how with low fuel a dozen or so people are meant to "scour every building within 100 miles". 100 miles is ******* far. So let's say they did that and found a ton of ****. How many trips on low fuel would it take to get all the "useful" items back to the prison? It seems the prison is actually pretty secure from the outside (apart from the shady fences), their present problem is the virus/flu. Not sure what you expect them to do with that.

Hate to play devils advocate for a mediocre though entertaining show but some of the criticisms are bizarre. Like checking the radio. How much screen time over 3/4 seasons do you want them to dedicate to scanning a radio? How do you know they don't already do it (and the writer/director) but it's just not aired? Perhaps the show is stupid because they haven't shown the outhouse or pit the characters use? I don't see anyone complaining about nightmares or lack of sleep or migraines (these are common to some extent I believe) should I be concerned???

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, the show is stupid because the show is stupid.

There's fuel out there. Abandoned cars left and right. Job one is collect it.

lefty

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are you really advocating just mindlessly hauling anything you see? You really want to waste valuable space by mistakenly hauling 60 bottles of sleeping pills instead of specific drugs or antibiotics? It was actually smart to operate with a wish list so you can load up on what you actually need.
The show has been somewhat consistent with the issue of fuel. Not sure how with low fuel a dozen or so people are meant to "scour every building within 100 miles". 100 miles is ******* far. So let's say they did that and found a ton of ****. How many trips on low fuel would it take to get all the "useful" items back to the prison? It seems the prison is actually pretty secure from the outside (apart from the shady fences), their present problem is the virus/flu. Not sure what you expect them to do with that.

Hate to play devils advocate for a mediocre though entertaining show but some of the criticisms are bizarre. Like checking the radio. How much screen time over 3/4 seasons do you want them to dedicate to scanning a radio? How do you know they don't already do it (and the writer/director) but it's just not aired? Perhaps the show is stupid because they haven't shown the outhouse or pit the characters use? I don't see anyone complaining about nightmares or lack of sleep or migraines (these are common to some extent I believe) should I be concerned???

Yes, I am. Would you rather spend precious time looking through all the vials, hoping to get the specific one(s) you need, or would you rather just dump all of them in your bags? The latter seems more efficient (depending on how lucky or unlucky you are in honing in on the vials you need) and practical (since you just might be getting antivirals / antibiotics for future use).

I don't remember the exact setup they had, but there were around four crew members and not too many vials. Just sweep all of them in your bags and run.

Simple.

al415

Reaction score
As a fan of the books (comics?) I've enjoyed most of the first three seasons. This new season however, I think the show is pretty terrible. The characters have started making illogical choices that are not consistent with three seasons of character development. We are suddenly asked to accept spectacular coincidences, lazy telegraphing and horror movie cliches in place of what was previously some solid writing.

jasonmx3

Reaction score
^^ This. Or maybe I'm just confusing this show with BB, which really had solid writing.

As for the unlimited gas and fuel supply, remember that gasoline also has a limited shelf life and they eventually go stale (google stale gasoline disposal). I highly doubt that all the gas that are in the cars are still useable at this point.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like BB as much as the next guy but no one can argue with a straight face that that **** didn't have its share of plotholes

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sure it did, but it never strayed from WhatTF just happened to WhyTF did that just happen. Whatever the characters did was consistent with those people in that situation.

TWD is just all over the place.

lefty

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Stale gas will still power an engine, it just gunks it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads