• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unofficial Spier & Mackay B-S-T Thread

Spex

Reaction score
5 S&M shirts that I haven't worn in a while. All but 1 are custom shirts based on 15.5 Contemp, but were requested with unfused collars, except the thicker blue striped shirt which has a stiffer collar. Also including a close up of the cloth as the main photo shows the stripes darker than they really are.

The blue spread collar shirt was one of those where apparently Thomas Mason cloth was used but for some reason labels were not applied (label size 15.5 Contemp). It has a small fray on the collar. Asking $50 Canadian for the bundle to someone in the Toronto area (which is approx $38 USD). $15 each if you want any individually.

These have now been sold! It's been a while since I've been on the forum. How do you edit a post again?

malikadog

Reaction score
I’m on the hunt for size 33 contemporary trousers in high rise. Please message me if you’ve got ‘em!

St1X

Reaction score
Any EU based folks are interested in overcoats?
I have this one https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/medium-blue-herringbone-overcoat-c3220-8014-sboc-fw22 but in brown color. Size EU 48 short, works perfect for me as I wear suits in size 46. New with tags, 300 EUR
IMG_0859.JPG

And this ulster https://www.spierandmackay.com/prod...re---ulster-coat---l1782560230-ulstr-fw22-679 in size EU 46. It's extremely oversized, fit an measurements on the website don't match mine:
shoulders 48cm
chest 55cm
length 112cm
sleeve 64
New with tags, 400 EUR
IMG_0908.JPG

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

twuthetiger

Reaction score
Letting go of this wool/cashmere overcoat Size 42S Contemporary. Worn just a few times. It is a dark grey overcoat made from a wool cashmere mix. It's wonderfully comfortable to wear. Asking for 250 USD shipped US.

Attachments

• tempImageeiQ9Hr.png
    tempImageeiQ9Hr.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • tempImageBl5Icg.png
    tempImageBl5Icg.png
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • tempImageWU0Uug.png
    tempImageWU0Uug.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 137

Imperatores

Reaction score
I'm a 32 slim and about 30 length but can have it hemmed too.

Sorry, I didn't notice this comment. I have a pair in 32 slim with an inseam just over 28 inches (71,5 cm) with about 2 more to let out (6 cm). Flat front and belt loops. Never worn. So you should be able to make them work (barely), unless you want cuffs.

Any pictures of how much room there is to let out? Spier seems to be inconsistent on seam allowances. I'm between a 38R SLim and Contemp. So if there's some room to let out, I might be a buyer.

There's about 2 cm to let out from the center seam and 1 cm from each of the side seams (4 cm in total). It feels like it's on the roomier side of tolerances in general though. It feels very similar to the 38 contemporary I have (I replaced the 38 slim with a contemporary, which is why I have a spare 38 slim), other than the waist. Should be enough seam allowance to let the waist out to match the contemporary. The slim measures 45,5 cm at the buttoning point and the contemporary measures just under 47 cm (half measurement). That's just intended to show the difference between the two using the same measuring technique btw, so please don't assume it's comparable to Spier's official measurements or anything like that.

Last edited:

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTB:

Casual sport coats in 42S slim or contemporary. 42R also works, but kinda want to try a short. Looking for stuff to be worn with denim, chinos or non dress trousers. PM me if you have anything your not wearing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads