• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way, when I was in NYC I did buy something over at Drake’s. As a European the only thing that makes sense pricewise to buy there are Alden shoes, so that is what I did.

These are wonderful! A collaboration between Drake’s and Alden, but I haven’t seen them at all online nor I believe in the London shop. Price USD 740 something including NY state tax. I’ve been wearing them a lot already, they look great with cream/white trousers, but also go well with navy chalkstripe.

View attachment 2065573
I think the Armoury carries them as well. The pair caught my eyes before, too. Nice find.

justinpledger

Reaction score
I have the navy raglan and sized down. It's still plenty big. Mine fits me similar to the way Jason Jules is wearing it here. My normal size felt enormous. The generous vent in the back makes the cut even more generous.

View attachment 2065343
I actually prefer the coat to look a little bigger than this. I stayed TTS with all of the raglan coats that I have from Drake’s and love the very slightly oversized look. I think, if you’re going for a more fitted vibe then the type of coat that Simon from PS has just released looks better. I think Drake’s raglan coats look better when they have that big and slouchy vibe. I don’t like it in that photo, it looks kinda weird.

Funnily enough @wahnamhong, I also have the POW hanging in my wardrobe with the tags still attached and bought it because of the amazing fabric as well! I too didn’t realise it would be repeated this year. The fabric is so unlike anything else that I’ve seen or felt I thought I should nab it!

Treble

Reaction score
I actually prefer the coat to look a little bigger than this. I stayed TTS with all of the raglan coats that I have from Drake’s and love the very slightly oversized look. I think, if you’re going for a more fitted vibe then the type of coat that Simon from PS has just released looks better. I think Drake’s raglan coats look better when they have that big and slouchy vibe. I don’t like it in that photo, it looks kinda weird.

Funnily enough @wahnamhong, I also have the POW hanging in my wardrobe with the tags still attached and bought it because of the amazing fabric as well! I too didn’t realise it would be repeated this year. The fabric is so unlike anything else that I’ve seen or felt I thought I should nab it!

I think it looks good but the jacket under is a bit of a stretch (probably literally) if it were to be done up or when moving.

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score
I think it looks good but the jacket under is a bit of a stretch (probably literally) if it were to be done up or when moving.
I guess mine is in fact a little bigger than that because I can comfortably wear mid-weight tailoring (e.g. flannel) underneath it with the coat fully buttoned and it doesn't interrupt the line, which is what I wanted. I've also worn it with a denim chore underneath it and that worked too, but it's also somehow fine with just heavy knitwear. I get that "big and slouchy" is all the rage right now. I just didn't like the exaggerated roundness of the shoulders in the bigger sizes, or the extreme flare toward the bottom when viewed from the side. That's just me.

Maybe it's a testament to the unstructured cut of this coat that it can be worn in various sizes (within reason) with additional layers underneath it, or not, and still look good.

Beav

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know these posts are popping up in different threads and wanted to ask here as well: does anyone know if Drakes does Black Fridsy sales? And if so, are they typically site-wide % off, or some other approach with specific items?

Thanks

htinlinn

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know these posts are popping up in different threads and wanted to ask here as well: does anyone know if Drakes does Black Fridsy sales? And if so, are they typically site-wide % off, or some other approach with specific items?

Thanks
I’ve only been following the brand for a couple of years but, it seems like they typically do archive sales twice a year. Haven’t seen them do a Black Friday sale.

That said, multi-brand retailers that carry Drake’s will typically include them in their BF sale. Mr. Porter, SSense, Saks, Nordstrom, etc…

letsgofire

Reaction score
Independence in Chicago appears to be having a Drake’s trunk show this weekend. Does anyone here have any more information on this, or info on what to expect at a Drake’s trunk show?

Reporting back on my own question. The Drake’s trunk show had ties, scarves, lots of shirts and some interesting RTW items. They also would measure you for MTM. It was nice and I’m glad I went. It ends Nov 11 in Chicago.

Freshnewduds23

Reaction score
Anyone own the Johnston check fleece? Rarely see it, compared to the other fleeces with the flag logo. Any fit pics or thoughts on it by people who own it or have tried it?

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Anyone own the Johnston check fleece? Rarely see it, compared to the other fleeces with the flag logo. Any fit pics or thoughts on it by people who own it or have tried it?
You mean the one below? If so, I tried them on a few weeks ago. I really like them, both in red and green. I’m usually a size 42 in Drake’s and here I found the L to be a good but normal fit. I’m thinking of buying one, and then either a L - or XL to get that slouchy look.

IMG_3011.png

Freshnewduds23

Reaction score
You mean the one below? If so, I tried them on a few weeks ago. I really like them, both in red and green. I’m usually a size 42 in Drake’s and here I found the L to be a good but normal fit. I’m thinking of buying one, and then either a L - or XL to get that slouchy look.

View attachment 2067443
Referring to the green one! How does the fit compare to the other single colored fleeces?

Leisurely Loafing

Reaction score
Does anyone have this year’s grey herringbone balmacaan? Is it worth the price? I know that’s a subjective question but just wondering if it’s worth 2x most other bals.

Treble

Reaction score
Does anyone have this year’s grey herringbone balmacaan? Is it worth the price? I know that’s a subjective question but just wondering if it’s worth 2x most other bals.

There are 3 models at the moment. The lighter one doesn't seem to have the ticket pocket strangely.

I think the fabric on all are nice, avoid looking too formal and the cut manages to not look too old-fashioned while still being classic. Ironically for something that shouldn't be fitted I'm torn between sizes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads