• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
are people still buying the supima tshirst with the price increase? i like their fit, but dont know if i can justify paying for it now. anybody have cheaper alternative?
I liked them but also stopped buying them as too expensive for what they are, and they are never in the sales now, while they were before (at least where I live).
I now buy (and they are often in sales) the MUJI t-shirts in Indian bio cotton, the quality is as good (better?) than the Uniqlo, and I bought several during the sales at €6,95. I also found one in Jersey for €5.

Jineline

Reaction score
Hello! Anyone has comments or experience to share about the new U collection? What are your standout items? Both Men and Women? Fit experience as well? The collection is launching this week in North America. Would love to hear about your must grabs 🙏 I am sure the Men’s Utility Blouson will fly off the rack pretty quickly.

cafedandy2

Reaction score
Hello! Anyone has comments or experience to share about the new U collection? What are your standout items? Both Men and Women? Fit experience as well? The collection is launching this week in North America. Would love to hear about your must grabs 🙏 I am sure the Men’s Utility Blouson will fly off the rack pretty quickly.
Personally I feel like U has pretty much matured and if you want reliable basics, I'd still recommend them.
As most of the pieces are evolutions from past pieces, I didn't feel the need to really buy as much as I used to.

In terms of stand out pieces, all the knits are 100% Wool this time, which is actually pretty good value.
I got the crew neck crepe wool sweater, but considering the cardigan and V-neck on sales.

I also got the Oversized Work Shirt, but be wary of this piece you'll get as some have minor stitch issues. It's quite expensive for what it is in my opinion, but I like the style and color so I still have it.
Together with this is the Stand Collar Flannel shirt in check pattern, well-made, sturdy and my favorite shirt actually. Tried on the other shirts such as the cotton poplin ones and the Flannel check - still good if you need it. I just hate how cheap the buttons are on the poplin ones, but forgivable considering other details such as how the collar sits nicely and the overall vibe.

The denim is your standard fit as usual, but the garment-dyed regular fit jeans are recommended for its unique colors and softness. Straight with a slight taper.

Also tried the pleated chinos, works TTS but for those with wider legs like me may opt to size up so the pleats don't burst out. Best to try in person as it varies.

I also got the drawstring bag in all colors as I really got a lot of use from the SS22 version, really nice colors that can match with any outfit. This got sold out in Japan so fast with a lot of resellers - crazy.

In terms of Women's pieces, most pieces can actually work for Mens. I wanted the Rounded Jeans and Belted Pleat Pants but the maximum size my market has can't fit me, but if you can fit into these, highly recommended. All Womens knits can work with guys too, and so is the Stand Collar Pullover shirt.

I hear a lot of good reviews from the Boa Fleece Sweat pieces, but as I am not much into sweats, I'll leave the review for others to share.

In general, nothing to go crazy about, but the details are always nice with U. If there are pieces you really want, go ahead and get it because some are low stock items. But if you can wait for sale, get the best deal and wait :)

Jineline

Reaction score
Personally I feel like U has pretty much matured and if you want reliable basics, I'd still recommend them.
As most of the pieces are evolutions from past pieces, I didn't feel the need to really buy as much as I used to.

In terms of stand out pieces, all the knits are 100% Wool this time, which is actually pretty good value.
I got the crew neck crepe wool sweater, but considering the cardigan and V-neck on sales.

I also got the Oversized Work Shirt, but be wary of this piece you'll get as some have minor stitch issues. It's quite expensive for what it is in my opinion, but I like the style and color so I still have it.
Together with this is the Stand Collar Flannel shirt in check pattern, well-made, sturdy and my favorite shirt actually. Tried on the other shirts such as the cotton poplin ones and the Flannel check - still good if you need it. I just hate how cheap the buttons are on the poplin ones, but forgivable considering other details such as how the collar sits nicely and the overall vibe.

The denim is your standard fit as usual, but the garment-dyed regular fit jeans are recommended for its unique colors and softness. Straight with a slight taper.

Also tried the pleated chinos, works TTS but for those with wider legs like me may opt to size up so the pleats don't burst out. Best to try in person as it varies.

I also got the drawstring bag in all colors as I really got a lot of use from the SS22 version, really nice colors that can match with any outfit. This got sold out in Japan so fast with a lot of resellers - crazy.

In terms of Women's pieces, most pieces can actually work for Mens. I wanted the Rounded Jeans and Belted Pleat Pants but the maximum size my market has can't fit me, but if you can fit into these, highly recommended. All Womens knits can work with guys too, and so is the Stand Collar Pullover shirt.

I hear a lot of good reviews from the Boa Fleece Sweat pieces, but as I am not much into sweats, I'll leave the review for others to share.

In general, nothing to go crazy about, but the details are always nice with U. If there are pieces you really want, go ahead and get it because some are low stock items. But if you can wait for sale, get the best deal and wait :)
Amazing, always trust your taste and choice! Thanks

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've lusted after Lemaire's self belted trousers for awhile now, I wonder what the odds are that the womens' will fit...
I was lookin at this too, but I think you're also tallish like me? The inseam for a 31" waist is like 28 1/3". I'm fine w/ cropped pants in the appropriate setting but not sure this is where I'd want that. Still turning over giving them a shot, but dubious about length. Also the vanity sizing for waists seems even more generous than mens (which I guess makes sense, culturally).

krudsma

Reaction score
I was lookin at this too, but I think you're also tallish like me? The inseam for a 31" waist is like 28 1/3". I'm fine w/ cropped pants in the appropriate setting but not sure this is where I'd want that. Still turning over giving them a shot, but dubious about length. Also the vanity sizing for waists seems even more generous than mens (which I guess makes sense, culturally).

Yeah I don't have high hopes - I plan to swing by this weekend and try a bunch of stuff on to see what works best with the one actual Lemaire piece I own. I'll report back if it works out.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought and returned the oversized work shirt (didn't like the fabric), the cord pants (nice fit, but hated the thin pocket bags, esp in the "tool pocket"), and the pleated chinos (these seemed good, but the largest size on the EU market - 33 - was too small).

cafedandy2

Reaction score
The Uniqlo Helmut Lang jeans also just got released where I am and got to try them - pretty nice and solid pairs, slightly relaxed on the thighs but still a classic straight cut. Also checked images of the OG Helmut Lang jeans in the 90s and this Uniqlo iteration did follow a lot of details with the rise, pockets and stitching. The black is the nicest color for me, navy was an ink-y blue hue, off white has some blue-gray tone which is nice. I don't mind the high price for its quality, but it can definitely wait on sale for sure.

tennessee

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a casual suit and was disappointed in the absence of suit separates in the U collection this fall. Would've been nice to have a jacket to pair with the pleated trousers or wide corduroy pants. This is the first time I can remember that no tailored jacket was offered.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow grey cardigan sold out quick in small sizes. If anyone in the US can please proxy from in store please let me know! I’m from Canada and the smallest we got in that price was small. Needing XS or XXS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads