• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clyde099
In your experience are these chinos tru to size? Do they shrink?

true to size and they will stretch a bit with wear in between washes. i actually could go down one more in the waist, but then my legs would get stuck. my goal is to have one pair for everyday of the week, but they always run outta stock when i want more...

oli84

Reaction score
I went to the NYC store yesterday. They haven't restocked like they did a couple months back, but I was finally able to find 1 pair in 34/32 so I guess they got a tiny bit in.. Most of their sizes were still 36 and up. There was another 34/32, and I saw a 33x34 and a couple 32x34s..

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anonymouz
Does anyone know when Uniqlo usually restocks their stuff?

they restock every week, but they never know what's in the shipments until it arrives...

dgirardier

Reaction score
I typically wear a 36S Blazer or Sports Coat. Should I get an S or XS when buying from Uniqlo? (I'm ordering through a 3rd party, so I can't be there in person to try it on.)

Hummingbird

Reaction score
XS. Unless you are getting the Japenese market clothing. Then you'd want S.

Also, observation:

The fabric in the Chinos is not good for anything other than durability. It's quite stiff and quite hot. The fit, is of course, excellent.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? I'm a 38 and my US S is bursting at the seams.

On a related note, if you're interested in a black uniqlo blazer in size s. PM me.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is sizing the same between Uniqlo NY and Uniqlo Japan/Hong Kong? I have a friend in Hong Kong who can pickup some flannel shirts for me, but measurements on Uniqlo.jp show that size L sleeves are only 62cm/24.4" from shoulder seam to end of sleeve, which will be at least an inch too short.
Sizing up to XL would help but the torso would be too baggy.

I've got relatively normal length arms, so I've never run into this problem before. Would the NY equivalent have longer sleeves or are all Uniqlo shirts cut like this??

adidasfan

Reaction score
I talked to a few Japanese over the weekend and they said that in Japan Uniqlo is considered a brand for the 40+ crowd.
Are Japanese just less conservative dressers than us in the States?

ma1

Reaction score
could be a number of things, most likely we don't think of uniqlo like that because their clothes aren't designed for a fat american like other mall brands

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads