• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm having a buddy pick some basics up for me, do they have cashmere socks and how are they/also how much? Any must haves?

ts4them

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacob06
I was just there last week after hearing all the hype, i must say its a beautiful store there in soho just like most new stores. to me the clothing seemed more interesting on their website. the clothing is pretty bland and plain they compare it to the Japanese version of the gap I can see why, So i guess its ok for your basics but nothing really new or unique. but I would agree that that prices are reasonable wo why not go.
I agree, I think the store is beautiful, but the clothes are kind of boring for the most part; it's not at all what I expected. I thought it was going to be very modern, trendy type stuff, but most of it's conservative. The sizes run huge; I'm a pretty true medium, and only the smalls fit me. Maybe it's more for sweater-wearers and people excited about inexpensive cashmere, which isn't me. I picked up a great winter scarf (they have some really nice ones for $10). Also got an argyle sweater-vest that's crew neck, have no idea what top to wear with it though, any suggestions? I may take it back, seems weird that it's not a v-neck.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Wow, the store in NYC doesn't sound as appealing as the ones in Japan. I absolutly loved the clothes when I was there.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
Someone please post some pictures of the stuff they carry, I have a friend in NYC who can buy me some Uniqlo. Thanks
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

don't be lazy, go look at their website! does anyone in NY know if they've re-stocked the Vintage Chinos recently?

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Tooch: much earlier in the season they had. If you're on SuFu there's a big Uniqlo thread where NY people answer a lot of stock questions.

Jesse: they do mail order from the store. I've called and gotten a lot of help but it'll take quite a few calls to get a hold of someone. You can e-mail but that takes a while. You should know exactly what you want and be able to describe it fully. If you have a link to their site you can provide, all the better.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ

Jesse: they do mail order from the store. I've called and gotten a lot of help but it'll take quite a few calls to get a hold of someone. You can e-mail but that takes a while. You should know exactly what you want and be able to describe it fully. If you have a link to their site you can provide, all the better.

Awesome! Thanks man.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
don't be lazy, go look at their website! does anyone in NY know if they've re-stocked the Vintage Chinos recently?
Why call this guy out as lazy? How about not being lazy about looking at how old that post date was before posting? Then realize 4-5 seasons ago likely doesn't concern him anymore.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clyde099
How much do they charge for shipping when ordering by phone (NY store)?

Whatever it is I hope they charge me in Yen.

mert54

Reaction score
When can they open one out in SF. then I will go, but I'm not planning a trip to NYC at any time soon, so I'll have to wait.

raWorkshop

Reaction score
Do any of the London stores stock vintage chinos? Seeing a lot of flat front chinos, pleats and those crinkly jeans, not a fan.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
Tooch: much earlier in the season they had. If you're on SuFu there's a big Uniqlo thread where NY people answer a lot of stock questions.

thanks, i know they just ran outta stock a couple weeks ago because i have been ordering what seems like a pair every month since last august and when i called they said they were out. so, i was just wondering if anyone has been there recently, but i'll just check out SuFu instead...

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clyde099
How much do they charge for shipping when ordering by phone (NY store)?

not much and they also will hem pants for free. i know when i've ordered Vintage Chinos ($39.99) it totals about $45.95 with shipping/tax...

Clyde099

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
not much and they also will hem pants for free. i know when i've ordered Vintage Chinos ($39.99) it totals about $45.95 with shipping/tax...

In your experience are these chinos tru to size? Do they shrink?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads