• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

roquesoon

Reaction score
0.jpg

had to

cdgreg

Reaction score
I'll do my best to get this back on track since I'm more than partially guilty for the derail:

XL Pendleton Black Watch Tartan 100% Virgin Wool Shacket. If interested I will take additional photos and provide measurements.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last year's version were pleather, these are full-grain leather.

You guys are all making me think I missed something. I went out to a JCP on Saturday. The leather on the boots feels a bit too much like plastic for me to spend money on them.

ReubenR

Reaction score

You guys are all making me think I missed something. I went out to a JCP on Saturday. The leather on the boots feels a bit too much like plastic for me to spend money on them.

Maybe you missed something, maybe we were a bit overgenerous in our praise. You're basically getting a boot 1/4 as good as the Dalton for 1/6 the price. For what it's worth, I don't find mine feels plasticy at all. It feels like full-grab leather, albeit cheap and low-grade full-grain leather with absolutely no water resistance out of the box.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe you missed something, maybe we were a bit overgenerous in our praise. You're basically getting a boot 1/4 as good as the Dalton for 1/6 the price. For what it's worth, I don't find mine feels plasticy at all. It feels like full-grab leather, albeit cheap and low-grade full-grain leather with absolutely no water resistance out of the box.

thinking of grabbing a pair after work. how did you treat it when you first bought?

ReubenR

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of black florsheim imperial (or similarly-lasted brand) LWB in a 10C? Loaned mine to my dad when he forgot to pack a pair of dress shoes and now he's making noises like I might not get them back. Hopefully I can forstall that with a pair of his own.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for more pants in a 33/34 waist and a 30 inseam. Need a lot of basics including flannels for the winter. Particularly some mid gray flannels.

Also looking for some boots. I like the AE Daltons and would like to find something like them in a 9 or 9.5D.

costanaconda

Reaction score
I just purchased this Bagnoli sport coat from another member here (It was on this thread earlier in the week -- I had nothing to trade that he wanted so I traded for cash). Unfortunately it is a bit too small in the shoulders and a bit too short for me. The condition is the same that I purchased it - NWOT, working buttons on sleeves not yet punched.

This is the nicest garment that has ever entered my house by far. Softest fabric I have ever felt, and nicest buttons I have ever seen.

Fits like a 38 R (or S depending on how short you like your jacket and how tall you are) please see my measurements.

Chest (pit to pit): 20"
Shoulder (seam to seam along the back): 17.5"
Sleeves: 24.5"
Waist: 18.5"
Length (from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket): 28.25"

speedball

Reaction score
Hello my 32" waisted friends with the initials ADF...today is your lucky day. Tiffany and Co. 925 silver monogram buckle and lovely black Brooks Brothers belt (not shown...obviously).

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hello my 32" waisted friends with the initials ADF...

This holiday season, show them how you really feel with this modern twist on a timeless classic. Introducing the new sterling silver Always Down to Eff belt buckle, available exclusively at Tiffany's
00a9.png

Last edited:

TJGent87

Reaction score
These are new denim, PM if interested with an offer. Looking for trade or cash.

These are for any of you that has a girlfriend or spouse looking for jeans (Selvege)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads