• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moon19smile

Reaction score
Saw this new style from Vass Instagram, looks pretty good for a casual occasion. There is 10% discount even for MTO in a local retailer. Now the question is should I use calf x grain or calf x suede? :cool2:

45B597F5-BAEE-4D37-80DA-9AC3E136FD3B.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoah, I love that!

And I don’t usually go for mixed leathers

jokb

Reaction score
That musuem and calf combo looks good. Btw, if you guys have any Vass shoes questions, just ask away.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want that combo in a tall boot.

Is there such a thing as a saddle balmoral boot? It occurs to me that I’ve never seen one.

jokb

Reaction score
That combination of materials - museum and grain - not in saddle format. Would work a treat as a brown version of my blue boots that I got from @jokb :

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I remember this. One of the sharpest boots I’ve seen.

jjschube

Reaction score
Hi guys, can you help me? I am getting ready to order my first pair of Vass shoes and don't want to drop a $1000 on the wrong size. I have decided on the Old English model on the F last. I am a 11E on the brannock and have now tried the F last in a 44 and 44.5. The 44.5 is a better fit than the 44 and the only real issue was the lace gap was too large. Vass said they are able to make 44.5 shoe with a 45 width. Would this help remedy the lace gap problem? I don't think I have an unusual high instep so not sure why I am having this issue other than being a E width.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, can you help me? I am getting ready to order my first pair of Vass shoes and don't want to drop a $1000 on the wrong size. I have decided on the Old English model on the F last. I am a 11E on the brannock and have now tried the F last in a 44 and 44.5. The 44.5 is a better fit than the 44 and the only real issue was the lace gap was too large. Vass said they are able to make 44.5 shoe with a 45 width. Would this help remedy the lace gap problem? I don't think I have an unusual high instep so not sure why I am having this issue other than being a E width.

Sounds like an instep issue, not a width issue. I have a pair of AS that is plenty wide, the widest dress shoe I own, but has a larger lace gap than all my other dress shoes, even the ones that are sung in the toe.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

F has a cavernous instep (as most Italian lasts do, in my experience and this was designed by Uglioni), the wide version even more so. Make sure to specify you don’t want additional Width at the instep. It might help to send them a tape measure number at that point of your foot.

Btw are you ordering direct? Since when does an old English cost 1000$?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member