• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="willyto, post: 9421063, member: 268462]
Also when time to replace the heel top lifts comes do you take them to your regular cobbler? I'm very hard on the heels and the rubber always wears off after a while even rotating shoes.[/QUOTE]

Take them to this cobbler in Madrid.
Hope this helps.

Víctor de la Serna, 33
MADRID
MADRID
Spain
Teléfono de Reparación De Calzado Javier Nieva: 914133491

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most folks Size up .5 for F

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So for most folks, the P2 is a full size from the U?
For me personally, yes. Though even then, I couldn’t wear U. Too cramped in the toes.

Poshak Man

Reaction score
I wear the same size in P2, U,K, & F. All fit pretty much the same though, if P2 was available in a quarter size smaller it would make for a perfect fit.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find P2 noticeably wider in the ball but F to have significantly higher instep in the same size.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a one full size difference between P2 and U. F doesn’t work for my foot - I would go half a size down from U if I had to.

cattitude

Reaction score
For further reference, I take 42.5 standard width in P2, and go up 1 width for F last to get extra room in the toe-box. I'm guessing a 43 would also fit adequately, but a 42.5 standard width in F is unwearable at the toe-box, whereas the 42.5 P2 standard fits well.

Poshak Man

Reaction score
With apologies for complicating things further, many take the same size in F and U.

On my first U last purchase, from a forum member, who used to put together vass GMTOs, I was advised to size up half a size from my F last shoes. I did and it was a mistake. I have had to make them wearable using a leather insole.
Since then I have ordered the same size in F and U, actually K and P2 as well. And it has worked fine exceptt one time when I ordered a U last shoe in my regular size from an ebay store. This shoe was just slightly bigger than my other U last shoes.
The problem with Vass shoes is that each last fits differently to different people. And even when you think you have figured out your shoe size in a particular last the next shoe you order may not fit the way you expect it to. I think because of the nature of their operation Vass shoes can have suttle spec variations in the same last same size. can be highly frustrating.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my first U last purchase, from a forum member, who used to put together vass GMTOs, I was advised to size up half a size from my F last shoes. I did and it was a mistake. I have had to make them wearable using a leather insole.
Since then I have ordered the same size in F and U, actually K and P2 as well. And it has worked fine exceptt one time when I ordered a U last shoe in my regular size from an ebay store. This shoe was just slightly bigger than my other U last shoes.
The problem with Vass shoes is that each last fits differently to different people. And even when you think you have figured out your shoe size in a particular last the next shoe you order may not fit the way you expect it to. I think because of the nature of their operation Vass shoes can have suttle spec variations in the same last same size. can be highly frustrating.

Can you describe your feet and how its shaped?

When I size up half a size for the U last from my F size, I find it a little too roomy but I haven't tried the U in my F size yet due to lack of availability here in the US.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Q41