• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a US- 12 and used to take 45 in Vass before going MTO.

I'm a UK11 / US11.5-12 and a solid Vass 46 across multiple lasts. I have tried sizing down to 45.5 and found them too tight.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
In terms of width, my AS's are perfect. Length is not bad -- there is just a tiny bit of heel slippage, but nothing to get worked up over. My foot doesn't slide around on the inside of my shoe, if that's what you're wondering. Anyway, who would I email my measurements to? What figures are they looking for specifically? Just length and width? How would I convey stuff like instep, toe box, etc?

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
If you want to be thorough, get someone to draw around your feet on two pieces of paper, then measure around your foot at the ball, instep, and instep again but going around from behind your heel in front of your ankle, and draw lines on the outlines of your feet to show exactly where these measurements were made. Scan them, perhaps with centimetres marked out on the side of the paper to ensure they print to correct scale, and email. Along with your AE comparison, they should give you a quick answer. And if you can't do that, just length and width and measure over the instep will probably do it. ;)

But from what you've said, you've essentially gone up a full size to make your AS standard F-width shoes fit you, which reinforces what you said about the EEE you need in AE. AS have a higher instep than AE, as to Vass, which might also be a factor. So I'd say 42.5G would probably do it from Vass, but that's probably generous. Anyway, we'll see what they say. Ask quick ;)

Last edited:

gmmiddle

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm heading to DC for the weekend. Are there any Vass dealers that I can visit?

I'm looking to get sizing at minimum, some good alt wiens maximum.

Thanks

griffon_id

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would like to have your advise on the sizing on U and K last.

I have never tried on Vass before. I am on UK6.5 for G&G (MH71, Deco last), also UK6.5 for EG (Last 82), UK6 for Crockett and Jones (337 last), and UK6 for Carmina (Rain last).

Any help given would be greatly appreciated.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi everyone, I would like to have your advise on the sizing on U and K last.

I have never tried on Vass before. I am on UK6.5 for G&G (MH71, Deco last), also UK6.5 for EG (Last 82), UK6 for Crockett and Jones (337 last), and UK6 for Carmina (Rain last).

Any help given would be greatly appreciated.

Me (all regular widths)
Carmina, Rain & Forest: UK7,5
Carmina, Simpson: UK8
C&J, 348, 337 & 341: UK7,5
G&G, GG06, TG73 & MH71: UK8
Vass, U & F: EU41,5

Based on this your size should be EU40. Hope this helps.

Junior

Reaction score
Just took the plunge! Can't wait for these puppies!

Thx to Kolecho and luk-cha for pictures! I went with 5 pair of eyelets.

For what is worth I'm:
Carmina forest, UK 6.5
Carmina rain, UK 7 (how rain is supposed to be a wide last is beyond me)
C&J 325, UK 7 (should be 6.5)
EG 64, UK 7-7.5

Tried the F-last in 40.5 but they were to big! Went with size 40. Hoping for a perfect fit.

Last edited:

Torsion

Reaction score

Just took the plunge! Can't wait for these puppies! [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Thx to Kolecho and luk-cha for pictures! I went with 5 pair of eyelets. For what is worth I'm: Carmina forest, UK 6.5 Carmina rain, UK 7 (how rain is supposed to be a wide last is beyond me) C&J 325, UK 7 (should be 6.5) EG 64, UK 7-7.5 Tried the F-last in 40.5 but they were to big! Went with size 40. Hoping for a perfect fit.
Nice! :slayer: Are these what they call the Melton or Chelsea? I think I'm going to get myself a pair of these next in either dark brown or black for conservative business dress wear. Re sizing - I made the same finding, my first order was 40.5EU in the F last which were too big so I went down to 40EU which is perfect. FWIW I'm a 6.5UK in C&J 348/358 (good fit in the toe/ball but with some heel slippage)

Last edited:

Junior

Reaction score
^

I believe it is the chelsea! One of the pictures automatically got saved as "Chelsea".

Cheers, feet-brotha'!
biggrin.gif

Junior

Reaction score
I believe this is the Melton.

Pic courtesy of colecho.

Torsion

Reaction score
Looks like the only difference is the broguing or lack of it Melton vs Chelsea - either way both look great!

Last edited:

leicadokyu

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I hope all is well. I just have a quick question on Vass Fitting in U Last. I am wearing 9UK in Carmina Detroit last and a 9UK in Tricker's 4497 last, and 9.5 in Alden Barrie last. I have a littler wider foot than average so i am wondering if i would need to size up on the Vass U last as I've heard that it's a little narrow on the toe area. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Heel: 13.6 Inches
Instep: 10.6 Inches
Waist: 10.8 Inches
Ball: 11 Inches
Length: 11 Inches

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads