• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

greverif

Reaction score

Thanks gents.  That second pic is from just a week or two ago, so around one year of ownership. They are wearing very well.

I am happy with the K- last, but be aware that the toe box is more confining than U.  If you have widely-spaced or chubby toes (or both), this may not be the last for you.  I wear them comfortably throughout an average working day, but if I had plans to leave work directly for an evening function, I'd probably select another pair.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but isnt it possible to order a pair in the K- last with wide fitting?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but isnt it possible to order a pair in the K- last with wide fitting?

Yes, you can.

I believe it is the ball part to be widened, not the toe triangle.

The hold shoe gets wider in a wide fit, not just the ball area. Or to be correct, the hold shoe gets more volume (but keeps the same length). But it's the girth volume that is measured when measuring width fitting, maybe that's what you are confusing things with. Girth width in 44 F is the same as 43,5 G, for example.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass Old English II Black in F last

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, you can.
The hold shoe gets wider in a wide fit, not just the ball area. Or to be correct, the hold shoe gets more volume (but keeps the same length). But it's the girth volume that is measured when measuring width fitting, maybe that's what you are confusing things with. Girth width in 44 F is the same as 43,5 G, for example.

I remember being told that length gets adjusted just slightly on a wide too, maybe more so on an extra wide fit. To give the shoe balance if the girth adjustment makes the shoe too unbalanced.

I have never been sure myself, considering I always need an extra wide...

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That would be no solution for the narrow toe box, though. A 43 standard width fits me in K just as it does in U and F. Going to a wider fitting in K might yield a little more wiggle-room for the toes, but at the expense of being too wide through the heel and forefoot.

greverif

Reaction score

That would be no solution for the narrow toe box, though.  A 43 standard width fits me in K just as it does in U and F.  Going to a wider fitting in K might yield a little more wiggle-room for the toes, but at the expense of being too wide through the heel and forefoot.
[/quote
Understod! For me it might be a good solution since I have the size wide in all shoes.

PDub

Reaction score
Hi All,
Does anyone have an F-last shoe in size 43.5? If so could you please post length and width measurements? I just received an order from Vass and it's possible that they are smaller than what I ordered. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
PDub

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Does anyone have an F-last shoe in size 43.5? If so could you please post length and width measurements? I just received an order from Vass and it's possible that they are smaller than what I ordered. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
PDub
Check the NMWA site they post measurements of their stock shoes

PDub

Reaction score
Check the NMWA site they post measurements of their stock shoes
Great tip. Thanks NYDRH. My shoes measure about the same as those listed on NMWA, so no error by Vass. I might have to get them stretched a little for some more toe room!
Cheers,
PDub

Unregistered

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help a little with sizing (the Euro vs UK sizing has me confused)

I'm a 40.5 in New Peter (P2) and a 41 in U. Would I be 41 in F?

If anyone has any experience with Carmina, would my best bet be 7.5UK in Rain?

sestyle

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help a little with sizing (the Euro vs UK sizing has me confused)

I'm a 40.5 in New Peter (P2) and a 41 in U. Would I be 41 in F?

If anyone has any experience with Carmina, would my best bet be 7.5UK in Rain?

My 2 cents:
I'm a 43 in U-last, and also a 43 in rain last. A 43 F-last is a little too big on my foot, and a 42.5 F-last is a pretty snug fit. I see where you're making the assumptions based on others' experiences with sizing, but in my experience, it depends on the shape of your foot. I also fit 43 in the simpson last, where others will have a 1/2 size difference between rain/simpson. I'd check the measurements on NMWA to help, but you're going to be making an educated guess at best in my opinion.

jssdc

Reaction score
Well fussy or not, to my eyes my Vass oxblood shoes are neither brown nor black, but very dark red.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg

And to my eyes they're just freaking beautiful. Oxblood is one of my favorite shoe colours and I'm always surprised by how few makers use it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanaBurrell