• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aging only, or have you encouraged the color change with polish?

Oh-- last/sole info?

Last edited:

alloy13

Reaction score
Thanks to those who replied. I another question - just bought 2 pairs and was toying with the idea of not putting any rubber on the soles. For those who don't, how long do the soles actually last? I know this is very subjective but If anyone could advise I would be greatfull. I have 2-3 pairs so at a minimum each pair gets used twice a week.. I also take public transport to and from work, although there is considerable walking I wouldn't call it excessive.. If anyone has a similar experience and could share your thoughts?

All my shoes are topied. I must say that the rubber put on by Vass is solid, especially since they nail the rubber to the sole at the toe tip.

I don't have experience with the leather sole as I always get the rubber added.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aging only, or have you encouraged the color change with polish?

Oh-- last/sole info?

Aging only, I never polished these shoes, I think I will use some cream soon to smooth the scuffs a bit. F last, double tapering to single soles.

andreasky

Reaction score

All my shoes are topied. I must say that the rubber put on by Vass is solid, especially since they nail the rubber to the sole at the toe tip.

I don't have experience with the leather sole as I always get the rubber added.

Do you have single or double sole taped with a rubber topy?

Eteo

Reaction score
Hi I visited both the Vass stores yesterday and found everyone very friendly and helpful. I bought a pair of double monks on the k last which is a slightly longer version of the u last. They don't have a lot of models in stock so if you are visiting, it would be better if you order in advance. Cost is 405 euros with shoe trees after 10% discount if paid in cash but no vat refund. Vat refund only available if you pay by credit card and then it's only 13%. Cheers.

andreasky

Reaction score

Hi I visited both the Vass stores yesterday and found everyone very friendly and helpful. I bought a pair of double monks on the k last which is a slightly longer version of the u last. They don't have a lot of models in stock so if you are visiting, it would be better if you order in advance. Cost is 405 euros with shoe trees after 10% discount if paid in cash but no vat refund. Vat refund only available if you pay by credit card and then it's only 13%. Cheers.

How can you get VAT refund? Is it valid in all countries?

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression Vass was based out of Hungary, which is EU, but not UK, no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads