• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pascal1980

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

if the U-last in UK 8,5 / EU 43 is to roomy around the ancle and midfoot, are smaller sizes like UK 8 or Uk 7,5 not only shorter and more narrow in the forefoot, but also less roomy in the midfoot and around the ancle?

Best regards

Pascal

lemonpotty

Reaction score
How similar is the S last to C&J 348?

From what I've read the U last is a bit shorter and narrower than both the S and the 348

Vilmir

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just received a pair of Budapest in cognac calf, last BP and size 46.5 with double leather soles.

If that can help another soul, I am wearking C&J in 12E on all lasts I own.

I now understand what you folks mean by "fit like sneakers". Amazing level of comfort out of the box. Maybe a bit tight on the top of the toes, but I expect that to get smoother when the leather breaks in.

I was afraid the cognac calf would be too orange, in real life it isn't and it gives me a lighter shade of brown I was missing in my rotation.
20231116_152326.jpg

20231116_152317.jpg

modiano

Reaction score
I've combed over this thread for hours but still having trouble deciding what size I should go with on this Vass Black Friday sale. I'm specifically looking at the P2 last on the Budapester shoe. Some say it's half a size or whole size down, others say true, and some say it measures shorter than TTS. I am thinking I will need a 43 or a 43.5. I am generally a 9 UK with ever so slight tightness on the outside of my foot at this size. These are the current shoes I can list with the lasts I have.

Carmina Inca – 9 UK (tight on outer ball on front of foot, instep is too tight)

Alden Barrie – 9 US (okay fit, slightly tight instep and rubbing on outer ball of front)

Trickers 4444 – 9 UK (good fit, feels just a tad big with slight heel slip)

Crocket & Jones 335 – 9 UK (great fit, very slight tightness on outer ball on front of foot, otherwise great)

Viberg 2030 – 9 UK (great fit)

Any assistance is appreciated.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've combed over this thread for hours but still having trouble deciding what size I should go with on this Vass Black Friday sale. I'm specifically looking at the P2 last on the Budapester shoe. Some say it's half a size or whole size down, others say true, and some say it measures shorter than TTS. I am thinking I will need a 43 or a 43.5. I am generally a 9 UK with ever so slight tightness on the outside of my foot at this size. These are the current shoes I can list with the lasts I have.

Alden Barrie – 9 US (okay fit, slightly tight instep and rubbing on outer ball of front)

Crocket & Jones 335 – 9 UK (great fit, very slight tightness on outer ball on front of foot, otherwise great)

Probably stick with the 43. We are the same size

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Many Vass lasts fit true to size.
The P2 should fit true to size.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first pair of Vass arrived today. I've got only one question....
.... Wtf was I doing all this time messing around with all these other brands. These are truly beautiful.
View attachment 2035445

(Sorry the pic is terrible)

Now you know what it is all about.
Forget the other stuff,
Vass does the job needed.

Vass is all about the performance and how it feels imo.
Few shoes perform like a Vass.

Vilmir

Reaction score
In your experience folks, how does the P2 fit compared to BP for big and large feet? I wear 46.5 in BP.

Vass told me my feet shall only go well with BP and 3636, but my next target is the Double Monk in P2.

Poshak Man

Reaction score

P2 last is TTS for me. I wear Us 8D in Alden, Uk 7.5E in Eg, UK 7E in CJ and Euro 41 in Vass lasts P2, F, U and K.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents, nothing new to show I don't buy Vass shoes anymore haven't purchased in years. But occasionally I post an older one when I clean them or just feel like it. I think it's nice to see how they age. After owning two dozens pairs, this is one of 6 pairs that I still have and will be with me forever.

Wingtip in F last, whisky cordovan (or saddle like I think Vass call them). This is about 12 years old, I can't find a picture new but I'm pretty sure it's a bit darker now. Whisky is my 2nd favorite shell color after Alden's Ravello.

IMG_8201.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8202.jpg
    IMG_8202.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8203.jpg
    IMG_8203.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, saddle shell they call it. Had the same pair but had to sell them due too fit and colour (in my case the shell was too pale). Beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads