• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P 43 uk should work for you. I find 42.5 uk to be too tight/short although I have just bluchers (never tried that last in a loafer). I wear Rain 9uk too.

MrSpade

Reaction score
Thank you for replay Zapasman,
How would you describe this last? is it really that wide, because it does look bulky or it’s just because toe area is not chiselled.

Thanks.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not think P last is bulky at all. You could describe P2 and Budapest lasts as bulky, but not P. If you get the right size I think your loafers wont dissapoint you at all. I really like them (in between of a more "bulky" Alden Loafer which I also like and a more "refined" EG Picadilly) and think they must be really comfortable. Whish I could try them on to spot the fit and order one pair in suede, but I never buy loafers unless I can try them on in advance. Good luck!

Potatoe

Reaction score
I do not think P last is bulky at all. You could describe P2 and Budapest lasts as bulky, but not P. If you get the right size I think your loafers wont dissapoint you at all. I really like them (in between of a more "bulky" Alden Loafer which I also like and a more "refined" EG Picadilly) and think they must be really comfortable. Whish I could try them on to spot the fit and order one pair in suede, but I never buy loafers unless I can try them on in advance. Good luck!

P2 is not bulky at all.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The P2 is not bulky. When I emailed Vass a while ago asking about general sizing to last questions, they responded:

"Basic sizing looks something like this:
S (narrow and flat)-K (pointy) -U (square toe) (size 43) – narrow lasts / F (classic&modern)-P2 (classic and a little rounder) -R (rounded and comfortable (size 42.5) - kind of normal lasts / 3636-BP (high toe) -P (wider heel, short toe) (42) – round and very comfortable fit"

P is actually wider and rounder than P2, which falls closer to F.

2) Their website has been changed constantly for the last 5 months. The company seems to be slowly evolving towards its new business model. I don't think we are that close to the final website.

Ya its wild. Now I can backorder a shoe, customize the leather, customize the last, get shoe tree, change the type of sole, and get G width all on the dropdown. But no metal tips. Changing daily almost.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not consider P2 bulky at all, but it has more volume and is taller than P, that is why I stated "you could consider" taking into account that @MrSpade thinks P to be bulky. In any case many people could argue whether this last is bulky or not because is a classic austrian last.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The P2 is not bulky. When I emailed Vass a while ago asking about general sizing to last questions, they responded:

"Basic sizing looks something like this:
S (narrow and flat)-K (pointy) -U (square toe) (size 43) – narrow lasts / F (classic&modern)-P2 (classic and a little rounder) -R (rounded and comfortable (size 42.5) - kind of normal lasts / 3636-BP (high toe) -P (wider heel, short toe) (42) – round and very comfortable fit"

P is actually wider and rounder than P2, which falls closer to F.

My experience and my shoes show me that P is narrower and shorter than P2. Both last are round for sure.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banana-shaped shoes are great shoes.

IMG_9713.jpg
IMG_9700.jpg

blekit

Reaction score
From my experience P last is neither especially wide nor bulky. It is however considerably shorter than F last. I have 3 pairs on F in size 44 EU/10 UK and for a pair of Norwegers on P I went half a size up to 44.5 EU/10.5 UK. It turned out to be a really good decision - if they were any shorter I wouldn't be able to squeeze my feet in.

Rusty1960

Reaction score
FexEd claimed they needed a certain form to release the shoes. I am pretty sure they had the form. Vass replied to my emails immediately and sent a copy of the requested paperwork. Vass was great to deal with. The shoes are spectacular.

ThomGault

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of antique congac valways with antique cognac scotchgrain shaft? Or gold museum valways with black suede/dark brown suede shafts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads