• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the Austerity look better on U, but that's only a matter of personal taste.
With regards to sizing. I wear the same in both F and U. This was also the recommendation from Mr Vass himself (through Rezsö).

I think the austerity brogue looks WAY better on U. And yes, it is down to personal taste. I just ordered one in navy museum.

I take the same size in U and F as well.

Last edited:

Swede66

Reaction score

Dear Sirs,

About to commission an austerity brogue but can't decide between U or F last and which leather, plum or brown museum calf. I've only ever tried the F last and am certain that I size 41.5. Currently leaning towards the U last but not confident to take a gamble on size.

Which combination of options are more aesthetically pleading to you guys?

With regards to color. Have not seen the plum but I have the brown museum. There is only limited museum effect, if not quite strong natural light it looks as plain dark brown. A very nice color but not very "museum". I believe that one shall go for the lighter colors lika gold if one want the museu effect to be more prominent

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear Sirs,

About to commission an austerity brogue but can't decide between U or F last and which leather, plum or brown museum calf. I've only ever tried the F last and am certain that I size 41.5. Currently leaning towards the U last but not confident to take a gamble on size.

I have this austerity brogue in the F last (antique cognac) and this austerity brogue in the U last (brown museum):

The antique cognac is a bit lighter IRL. I am one of those that is a 41 in the F last and a 41.5 in the U last.

Swede66

Reaction score

I have been fortunate in the consistency of sizing with my Vass shoes.

As to fit of the F last, I suppose I could post a pic of two Oxfords, one F one U, on each foot, point to the near identical facing gap and declare "If anyone still thinks there is any difference in fit over the instep...." Perhaps I will.

I agree that the instep is probably (intended to be) the same between those models. Also what Rezsö told me. My two F-lasts are in different materials, one in suede and one in calf. The suede one is the larger one despite the fact that those are the one in F fit and the calf ones are in G.
I know a few other fellow Swedes sharing the experience that Vass in suede runs half a size larger for some reason.

rc121

Reaction score

Thank you for the prompt replies gentlemen. Would you know of any store in Chicago which sticks VASS shoes where I might be able to try my size in the U last at?

there are no such stores in Chicago. The only stores in the US that stock Vass are No Man Walks Alone and Epaulet, both of which are in NYC.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Sirs,

With regards to color. Have not seen the plum but I have the brown museum. There is only limited museum effect, if not quite strong natural light it looks as plain dark brown. A very nice color but not very "museum". I believe that one shall go for the lighter colors lika gold if one want the museu effect to be more prominent

Absolutely, this is why I picked gold museum, and also prefer the u last for austerity brogue.

agedashidofu

Reaction score
Apologies in case I've missed this, but does anyone have pictures of the new gold/green museum calf from Haas tannery?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just a random shout-out to Vass on this slushy day. Black cap-toed oxfords on 3636, with double soles.

Too short for aesthetic perfection with a suit-- perhaps I should have done P2 or P3. Also, the finish looks a bit plain with a flannel suit. Nevertheless, it's great to have non-bespoke shoes for this cruddy weather, and not having too much brogueing makes the prospect of cleaning off dirt and salt that much easier to consider. As much as the last lacks elegance, it's amazingly comfortable, even with winter-weight socks. And the rig is much snazzier than the LL Bean boots that everyone else is wearing.

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gorgeous.

Wide?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them