• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LHormander

Reaction score
Received my first Vass shoe and quite likely my best shoe today. I have heavily relied on this forum in making up my mind on Vass and specifically on Budapesters! So thank you very much for all the comments, pictures and suggestions from experienced shoe/Vass lovers here! Unsurprisingly, I had concerns regarding the looks of Budapester but I can now whole heartedly confirm previous claims that these look beautiful in person and online pictures make them rather bigger than they are.
This model is in antique cognac color with geyser welt. The latter I had presumed would add significant degree of sportiness but actually the shoe looks much more sophisticated than I anticipated.
As far as sizing goes- this is 6.5 UK or 40.5 (in BP) and accommodates my wide feet well while length wise I still have about 1/2 inch of room. However, my heel does lift up a bit as I took my first few steps and I was wearing socks with medium thickness. (Perhaps it's because of my normal/less than normal instep.)
Should I be concerned about this? Based on your experience will the heel get planted as heel block softens with time? I go down to 40 I am concerned about width! Or should I return it? I have about 5-6 days to decide but don't want to walk on them much.

Now I feel like buying only Vass shoes:)
Thank you all again!
Note: There is 15% sale on Budapest models right now! It started just a few days after I ordered! Still, no regrets.

Attachments

• IMG_8209.jpeg
    IMG_8209.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_8208.jpeg
    IMG_8208.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_8204.jpeg
    IMG_8204.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_8203.jpeg
    IMG_8203.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 229

ACLC

Reaction score
Received my first Vass shoe and quite likely my best shoe today. I have heavily relied on this forum in making up my mind on Vass and specifically on Budapesters! So thank you very much for all the comments, pictures and suggestions from experienced shoe/Vass lovers here! Unsurprisingly, I had concerns regarding the looks of Budapester but I can now whole heartedly confirm previous claims that these look beautiful in person and online pictures make them rather bigger than they are.
This model is in antique cognac color with geyser welt. The latter I had presumed would add significant degree of sportiness but actually the shoe looks much more sophisticated than I anticipated.
As far as sizing goes- this is 6.5 UK or 40.5 (in BP) and accommodates my wide feet well while length wise I still have about 1/2 inch of room. However, my heel does lift up a bit as I took my first few steps and I was wearing socks with medium thickness. (Perhaps it's because of my normal/less than normal instep.)
Should I be concerned about this? Based on your experience will the heel get planted as heel block softens with time? I go down to 40 I am concerned about width! Or should I return it? I have about 5-6 days to decide but don't want to walk on them much.

Thank you all again!
Note: There is 15% sale on Budapest models right now! It started just a few days after I ordered! Still, no regrets.
Did you try the 40 in G width?

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you all again!
Wear them in good health. Nice colour.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Vass. I would be leery about sizing down, but it looks like the vamps are nearly closed already so as the shoe breaks in you might find some volume there. Maybe a tongue pad will help if it comes to that. I would think though that as the shoe breaks in the heel slip will go away 👍

LHormander

Reaction score
Congrats on the new Vass. I would be leery about sizing down, but it looks like the vamps are nearly closed already so as the shoe breaks in you might find some volume there. Maybe a tongue pad will help if it comes to that. I would think though that as the shoe breaks in the heel slip will go away 👍
Thanks Shawl for the response. If it was usual heel slip then I'd have been less concerned but here my heel is lifting up as I walk and my feeling is that the shoe is slightly larger. To confirm that, I tried them on socks of medium thickness and a slighted cushioned ones as well. In the medium there is no way the fit is right while in thicker socks fit is much better but there is still slight lift in my left foot. So I am likely going to return them and get a 1/2 smaller and wear them initially in dress socks until they break in.

ACLC

Reaction score
No, I didn't see G width on Vass website (at least for the model I bought). Perhaps they don't have G width but have different lasts that fit different type of feet.
You should be able to order all their shoes in G-width on back order. It's under the personalisation section.

LHormander

Reaction score
You should be able to order all their shoes in G-width on back order. It's under the personalisation section.
I see that option now. Thanks for the suggestion. Though I wonder how how big the difference is between 40 BP and 40 BP in G given that it's already pretty wide.
On a different note, do you have experience with P2 last and how it compares with BP? For that might be an option too.

ACLC

Reaction score
I see that option now. Thanks for the suggestion. Though I wonder how how big the difference is between 40 BP and 40 BP in G given that it's already pretty wide.
On a different note, do you have experience with P2 last and how it compares with BP? For that might be an option too.
I can only speak to BP and 3636 lasts as I have experience with both. The 3636 last is wider than BP - I wear 43 and the BP was tight around ball of foot and the vamp but the 3636 is almost a perfect fit.

Last edited:

GRE

Reaction score
Hi all,

I received my first pair of Vass, RTW Alt-English Black U Last with metal toe plates. Very beautiful. However, I do have one concern.

For both shoes, only a small fraction of the heel block is touching the ground.

How unstable will this make the shoes? Can Vass fix this issue, or would they accept returns for the following?

IMG-2277.jpg

ACLC

Reaction score
Hi all,

I received my first pair of Vass, RTW Alt-English Black U Last with metal toe plates. Very beautiful. However, I do have one concern.

How unstable will this make the shoes? Can Vass fix this issue, or would they accept returns for the following?

View attachment 1937667
I’ll let the experts chime in but this could be a lasting issue. I would email them and send them the pictures. Their customer service is excellent so I’m sure a return and exchange will not be an issue.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

View attachment 1937667
I've probably handled appr. 50 Vass shoes over the years and have never come across this with any of my shoes.seems like a lasting/balancing issue and poor quality control. I would definitely get in touch with customer service.

Quality control isn't Vass' trademark unfortunately. But on the other hand, their customer service always handles things professionally and treats you well in my experience.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanisRiverau