• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd be down to try the PL. Just wondering if you know what construction of this tie is? unlined or self lined? 

Hard to tell. Looks unlined.

Let me know if anybody wants to get on board.

Locally, Holts sells Dion grenadines, but they're $150 + tax.

Spex

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Noticed that there aren't alot of local options for grenadine ties. Here are a few:

These ones are very hefty. And decent price.

http://www.harryrosen.com/accessories/ties,-pocket-squares-formal/altea/woven-pattern-tie/p/53279034

Quoting an older post in this thread in order to report that I just bought one of these ties during the increased reductions at HR yesterday (some items are now 60% off). I actually wasn't even thinking that it's a grenadine tie because it's mostly wool, but the weave certainly suggests that it is. About $44 before tax (less than $50 after). A really great looking tie for the cooler months, but I agree with the comment that it is very "hefty" due to both the material and the interlining. I tried tying a knot once I got home and it took a few attempts before I managed to make a 4-in-hand that didn't create a huge knot.

John-Galt

Reaction score

Anyone know if Simon's carries MMM GATs in white? Their online inventory makes me think not all items are listed.

FYI they have the plaster GATs and tan high paint splatters on sale. Hoping to snag a pair of plain white or white splatter.

No only at the Montreal and Quebec City location. Spoke with an SA and he explained that because Harry Rosen caries MM, Simons is not allowed. They can bring items in though

alwaysanalien

Reaction score
@stanchri Nothing in Canada unfortunately. I went to Japan and checked out their flagship store. Wonderful stuff and reasonably priced. However, the sizing is pretty tricky for North Americans. I couldn't find anything in a Euro 52 that really fit, in most cases they came up pretty short. Not a knock on the brand at all, just the reality (as is the case with most clothing in Japan!). They have a reasonably priced MTM program, but I wasn't going to be around long enough to indulge.

While it has achieved somewhat legendary status around here these forums, I can see why LF stopped carrying it. It doesn't have the cache to really bring in swaths of the general public,while the sizing greatly limits who could wear it in the domestic market. I'm pretty thin by western standards and I still had issues slipping into the jackets (arms and chest in particular).

That being said hitting up the Maester tailor in Osaka will be on the list the next time around!

@stanchri @akoustas @CanadaCal @tricky

I can unequivocally say that Leatherfoot no longer carries Ring Jacket at the moment. However, when browsing recently, I did find someone in Canada that does! Unfortunately not in the GTA!

They're called Mr. Derk and based out of Edmonton. Unfortunately, I have no personal experience with them.

Suits starts at: $2100
SC at: $1650

Link here: http://shop.mrderk.com/collections/ring-jacket

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@stanchri
 @akoustas
 @CanadaCal
 @tricky 

I can unequivocally say that Leatherfoot no longer carries Ring Jacket at the moment. However, when browsing recently, I did find someone in Canada that does! Unfortunately not in the GTA!

They're called Mr. Derk and based out of Edmonton. Unfortunately, I have no personal experience with them. 

Suits starts at: $2100

SC at: $1650

Link here: http://shop.mrderk.com/collections/ring-jacket

Thanks for the heads up. Is that really what Ring is going for?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over here and through guys like the armoury, khakis or Carmel yes. Overseas, no. I wonder how pricing is from the Ring Jacket store in Tokyo? Anyone comment?

ADub

Reaction score

Over here and through guys like the armoury, khakis or Carmel yes. Overseas, no. I wonder how pricing is from the Ring Jacket store in Tokyo? Anyone comment?

I'll be in Japan in late September and plan to check out RJ in person so will provide an update on pricing. In the meanwhile here's the source I found that has RJ for significantly less and my contact in Japan says it's a legit Rakuten shop.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/asshop2010/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-XFgBrFszu4BscfgGD6eFCg

Spex

Reaction score
I have to wonder what kind of sizes they have at the Tokyo RJ stores. I've stopped looking for things like shoes (size 10.5) and trousers (32/34) when I go to Japan, because it's next to impossible to find anything that fits me (I'm 6'2" and average male height in Japan is under 5'8"). Also, the Japanese male physique is proportionally different than my Nordic physique. I'm assuming the stuff that The Armoury sells is made specifically for them, to fit non-Asian physiques as well. MTM would be the way to go, if you have time.

alwaysanalien

Reaction score
I'll be in Japan in late September and plan to check out RJ in person so will provide an update on pricing. In the meanwhile here's the source I found that has RJ for significantly less and my contact in Japan says it's a legit Rakuten shop.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/asshop2010/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-XFgBrFszu4BscfgGD6eFCg
Oh my days, this is amazing! I have a friend who works at Rakuten who's visiting Canda in the latter part of summer! :O Will check in with her on the legitimacy of these and will be sure to update!

Thanks so much for the lead!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads