• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, im not as skilled with differentiating shoes. I asked the sales associates why they were 1200 and he had no idea of the brand
This is so on brand for Holt. When I was in Taiwan, I visited a John Lobb store and the SA was both very knowledgeable and helpful. I might just buy my pair there instead of wasting time and sanity with HR.

RapFan

Reaction score
This is so on brand for Holt. When I was in Taiwan, I visited a John Lobb store and the SA was both very knowledgeable and helpful. I might just buy my pair there instead of wasting time and sanity with HR.
John lobb associate will specialize in the brand, so they better know every detail. Here the kud was barely 18, I don't blame him for lack of interest lol.

goatamous II

Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John lobb associate will specialize in the brand, so they better know every detail. Here the kud was barely 18, I don't blame him for lack of interest lol.

So when a customer is looking to spend $1200 on a pair of shoes at HR, the customer can't expect a SA to have knowledge about the products being sold? Wow.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So when a customer is looking to spend $1200 on a pair of shoes at HR, the customer can't expect a SA to have knowledge about the products being sold? Wow.
Clearly you don’t need someone to educate you when you already know more, right?

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a sales rep who is dealing with 30 brands won't be as knowledgeable on one brand as a sales representative who deals only with one specific brand.

Yup, pretty much.

Once upon a time, I worked at one of the department stores' shoe sections and believe it or not, most of my co-workers in the shoe department knew the difference already, or were soon educated by the shoe department supervisor. In a way, that knowledge hardly mattered because most people were buying Tods loafers, or sneakers from Dior/Maison Margiela/Valentino/Prada instead. (At one point we were all but begging for more stock from the high-selling brands and our manager tried his hardest to do some convincing to the higher ups, but alas.)

I made sure to identify the brands and/or specific pairs that were Blake-stitched or Goodyear welted, but that was only because I was a CM enthusiast. While I would point these things out to the occasional customers looking for dress shoes, I never came across anybody who asked me directly whether something was handwelted or Goodyear welted.

Reaction score
Sebastian, as in Espinosa?

Hola.

I visited your Dad's shop Espinosa Master Tailors (?) in Yorkville a few times. Last time was 2017.
Your Dad was very professional in his services.
But the lady who was sometimes there -- is that your Mum? She was a very nice and extremely kind!

But enough of the past.

Did I understand correctly you are sharing premises with Induero-t?

Then alas, friend, I cannot patronize you.

I cannot be seen associating with anyone or anything even remotely connected to that savage, who shreds up the masterpieces of the Italian craftsmen of Brioni and Cesare Attolini -- all the while dressing up his perverted, barbaric vivisecting as some sort of educational exercise -- photos of the scraps posted in this very forum for the no-clue-what-they-are-looking-at imbeciles here to jeer at.

Patronizing you is like associating with someone who is living with and supporting Putin.

Con saludos cordiales, senor.
Hi P
I'm new here, great message! Yes, he's my dad but the lady wasn't my mom, probably his girlfriend. Thanks for the kind words.

So sorry about your stance on visiting me for your sartorial needs, maybe in future.

Sounds like you have an appreciation for craftsmanship and sartorial skill. If that appreciation is stronger than your dislike for Tim then I hear if you need me.

I was at the shop when he opened the Italian jackets. From my sewing and making standpoint it was such a great a experience. I was able to see great techniques and terrible techniques.

I'm remembering now a great moment from the Yorkville days (true story)..
At my dad's shop we had a name for clients who came from style forum with a strange attitude. We called them "style foreskins." Watch out for them, they could be lurking around here even as we speak.

Alas comrade I bid you adieu. Hopefully we can meet and exchange names and shake hands one day.

Хорошего дня вам.

burgerkong

Reaction score
Hi P
I'm new here, great message! Yes, he's my dad but the lady wasn't my mom, probably his girlfriend. Thanks for the kind words.

So sorry about your stance on visiting me for your sartorial needs, maybe in future.

Sounds like you have an appreciation for craftsmanship and sartorial skill. If that appreciation is stronger than your dislike for Tim then I hear if you need me.

I was at the shop when he opened the Italian jackets. From my sewing and making standpoint it was such a great a experience. I was able to see great techniques and terrible techniques.

I'm remembering now a great moment from the Yorkville days (true story)..
At my dad's shop we had a name for clients who came from style forum with a strange attitude. We called them "style foreskins." Watch out for them, they could be lurking around here even as we speak.

Alas comrade I bid you adieu. Hopefully we can meet and exchange names and shake hands one day.

Хорошего дня вам.

Sebastian, I need you, nevermind the other individual lol. Are hours posted? I need you to undo some of the butchery Xavier did lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads