• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw that coat - lovely, but I don't need the hassle of the anti-fur crowd all over my case.

They also had a couple Kiton jackets in stock -but ~ $2500 - $3500

Yeah, they have good stuff this season. But $5k for that coat is a bit much. I'll wait till it goes on heavy clearance.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall Arne at Leatherfoot saying they would be bringing in Corthay, but that appears to not be happening. This was awhile ago.

Indeed. @SirReveller posted a little while ago about his visit to Leatherfoot and their incoming brands, which includes Crockett and Jones but not Corthay, with Alden still in the cards. It must've changed in the last couple of months, as John told me back in August that they were getting Corthay and Cleverley.

I'm not looking forward to how they'll be priced, given our dollar. I'm content with my one pair of brown Alden captoe oxfords - made a pit-stop at Leffot last year en route to a metal concert - and don't feel a need to buy any more shoes from them, but even then I'd be more inclined to go to Lost & Found instead. C&J I'm more interested in.

@Viral : I hate to be the pessimist, but I'm thinking that Kansas will be taking this series.

Last edited:

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall that post. Absolutely noone threw me a props on my Ron Riders and it devolved into a discussion about just how overpriced Carmina is at LF. I am still mad at you guys for that. ;) :p

emidyl

Reaction score
Quote: yes, me too and I have. Jonathan will definitely look after you for some Aldens. But as always, Alden's timelines are what they are, up here at least.

I'm overall cautious and pessimistic, not looking good when you tempt the hand of fate too often. Jays will be lucky to pull 1 more win at home this ALCS.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at LF few weeks back and the don't have much stock on anything less than $2k. Alden rep was actually there doing an order but otherwise that place is quiet as hell.

They're asking for silly money for Carminas. I guess they have to pay for the Yorkville rent somehow.

ino68

Reaction score
I wonder who owns LF, their brand roster seems to always be in flux, hard to make steady sales like that!

Maybe it's a side project or diversification effort of some highly successful businessman :)

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are some exorbitant prices. Who's the tailor? You can fly to one of the US trunk shows for Steed, NSM, etc. for less than that.

I have no idea who the tailor is but at those prices they are really going to have to work hard selling it. That's a lot of cash to drop on an unknown tailor.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

As a supplement to an earlier post, Harry's outlet has a bunch of Corneliani. Including a 100% cashmere chestefield coat with a fur lining.

Selling for $5K, but I'll wait till it drops to $500 :embar:

I saw that coat - lovely, but I don't need the hassle of the anti-fur crowd all over my case.

They also had a couple Kiton jackets in stock -but ~ $2500 - $3500

What size was it?

stanchri

Reaction score
I wonder who owns LF, their brand roster seems to always be in flux, hard to make steady sales like that!

Maybe it's a side project or diversification effort of some highly successful businessman
smile.gif

I have met the owners. It's 2 gentlemen that got together to bring quality footwear to Toronto after seeing the lack of, as they put it.
I feel they were much more engaged and successful at first in all regards. As pointed out multiple times here, the store is most often empty which can definitely attest to that.
They had plans to open shop downtown in the financial district to be close to the bankers. This was supposed to happen over half a year ago. Same with opening shop overseas.
IMHO they would be better off asking normal prices, carrying more mid range names and stock, and having quantity sold to a solid client base as opposed to raising prices to pay Yorkville rent off one pair of shoes.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Wow Arne went in a totally different direction... wasn't expecting that.

Someone mentioned earlier that LF wasn't gonna carry Carmina anymore? is that true?

Regarding who owns it, on instagram there's someone named SirLeatherfoot (i think that's their name) and seems like this person owns LF. Seems to be a mad baller from his pics.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have met the owners. It's 2 gentlemen that got together to bring quality footwear to Toronto after seeing the lack of, as they put it.
I feel they were much more engaged and successful at first in all regards. As pointed out multiple times here, the store is most often empty which can definitely attest to that.
They had plans to open shop downtown in the financial district to be close to the bankers. This was supposed to happen over half a year ago. Same with opening shop overseas.
IMHO they would be better off asking normal prices, carrying more mid range names and stock, and having quantity sold to a solid client base as opposed to raising prices to pay Yorkville rent off one pair of shoes.

I'm not sure that's fair. The shoe prices seem pretty much in line given the state of the Canadian dollar right now.

Last edited:

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Indeed. @SirReveller
 posted a little while ago about his visit to Leatherfoot and their incoming brands, which includes Crockett and Jones but not Corthay, with Alden still in the cards. It must've changed in the last couple of months, as John told me back in August that they were getting Corthay and Cleverley.

They did teased the Corthay on Instagram here.

I'm not sure that's fair.  The shoe prices seem pretty much in line given the state of the Canadian dollar right now.

Agreed the state of the Canadian dollar is turning everything into a luxury item. On the plus side it is encouraging me to save more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads