• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I hear that brand I think of "Merman!" from Zoolander... :p

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the customs and duties on clothing not covered by NAFTA? I know for shoes it's 18%.

On another note Leatherfoot launched their new website here. MTM is $3000 - $3500 while bespoke is $5000.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bay downtown now sells tombolini and cantarelli sports coats.

They also have Church's shoes

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about the gentleman who paid about $60 in duties for two belts valued at $100? I can't seem to find much about Meermin

Nope. Recall one from QC paying 90$ and a guy fro m AB paying 80$ something. Per pair. hopefully not the case for you but I would be prepared

rwtc

Reaction score
Nope. Recall one from QC paying 90$ and a guy fro m AB paying 80$ something. Per pair. hopefully not the case for you but I would be prepared

I apologize. Thanks for getting back to me. Since I live in Ontario I probably have to pay more with HST lol

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No apology needed. I would guess it's going to be about $100 for one of their standard shoes. Keep us posted on the damage.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Bay downtown now sells tombolini and cantarelli sports coats.

They also have Church's shoes

Alessandro Cantarelli? Is this the same Cantarelli that No Man Walks Alone carries? Link is here.

Last edited:

stanchri

Reaction score
Yep. Decent price too. They're 20% off right now.

It seems that the 2 sport coats that the Bay has online are both on clearance right now. So for anyone that takes a 42 or 46 and needs a casual sport coat this is a steal.

hrv123

Reaction score

Does anyone know the customs and duties on clothing not covered by NAFTA? I know for shoes it's 18%.

On another note Leatherfoot launched their new website here. MTM is $3000 - $3500 while bespoke is $5000.

Those are some exorbitant prices. Who's the tailor? You can fly to one of the US trunk shows for Steed, NSM, etc. for less than that.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Nordstrom coming to Toronto might add some decent options...

I can't speak for Nordstrom, but if Saks will carry the same brands as in the USA, then Corthay will finally make an appearance in Toronto. (Its quality can be debated, but I digress.) They would also be another outlet for Edward Green.

Chambertin

Reaction score
I wonder if Nordstrom coming to Toronto might add some decent options...

I don't think so. The Nordstrom's in Ottawa carries Magnanni, AE, Tod's, Santoni, Ferragamo.
Unless Toronto will be carrying significantly different (as in better) brands, I'm not optimistic.

I can't speak for Nordstrom, but if Saks will carry the same brands as in the USA, then Corthay will finally make an appearance in Toronto. (Its quality can be debated, but I digress.) They would also be another outlet for Edward Green.

I recall Arne at Leatherfoot saying they would be bringing in Corthay, but that appears to not be happening. This was awhile ago.

akoustas

Reaction score
@Dwhitman Thanks for the heads up. Headed over to take a look and he had exactly what I was looking for in stock. I'm a bit tired of dealing with the risk of duties involved with online shopping + sizing options and have pretty much exhausted most other alternatives in town.

Going to get a pair of burgandy-mohagany oxfords for $500, he's tossing in some shoe cream. You're right he's quite an affable guy and took a lot of care to make sure I had the right size and last. Unfortunately since we're getting pummeled by the pound that's a princely sum, but it's pretty much the same across the board for shoes these days anyways. I'd sooner get a pair of Carmina's but they don't have what I want at Leatherfoot....c'est la vie!

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As a supplement to an earlier post, Harry's outlet has a bunch of Corneliani. Including a 100% cashmere chestefield coat with a fur lining.

Selling for $5K, but I'll wait till it drops to $500 :embar:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As a supplement to an earlier post, Harry's outlet has a bunch of Corneliani. Including a 100% cashmere chestefield coat with a fur lining.

Selling for $5K, but I'll wait till it drops to $500
shog[1].gif

I saw that coat - lovely, but I don't need the hassle of the anti-fur crowd all over my case.

They also had a couple Kiton jackets in stock -but ~ $2500 - $3500

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads