• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Supplement Thread!

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mgoose
I'd like to say that, I tried superpump250 and didn't find it helped much. I get more of a rush from zero cal energy drinks and during high intensity workouts it actually made me nauseous.

Imho the only supplements worth your money are creatine monohydrate, and possibly beta alanine, which I will be trying in a few weeks.

AKA SuperDump two ******. I took a scoop PWO last week and blew ****** out on the toilet. Still, I like it. I have this crap called NO Shotgun that was on sale, all sugar. it sucks.

Im going on a mad dash for the summer AND to clean out my stock of random **** laying around. Package arrived today with 5 more lbs of mint chocolate chip whey (mmm....), green mag creatine, more multis and fish oil and lean xtreme and a carb blocker for a little help when I cut hard or maybe keto in 3-4 weeks.

After this shipment, then Im done with supps forever...
sarcasm.gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Receive my first container of Jacked yesterday. Going to start tomorrow and see how it works out. Before I was using naNOvapor, and it worked pretty good for me as a pre-work out energy booster.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
Currently cutting with EC stack help.
(e) 25mg/ (c) 200 mg x 3 q day

You and me both.

Except I only do it twice a day.

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fleet on feet
davidko19, what exactly is the difference between green mag and regular monohydrate creatine?

Not to try and answer for davidko19, but I know a bit about this subject. GreenMag is a "designer" creatine; it doesn't use monohydrate, it's a blend of magnesium creatine chelate and di-creatine malate. Controlled Labs (the maker) claims that is superior to creatine monohydrate, but studies have basically found that the two products are basically the same as far as results go. Check this write-up if you really want to know more.

When it comes to creatine you are better off going with good 'ol monohydrate; not only is it cheaper you will probably get more servings for your money too. Check out Biotest's creatine; 100 servings for $14!

matt22616

Reaction score
Just placed an order for Yohimburn ES, topical yohimbine cream. At around 70 bucks shipped it's the most I've ever spent on this kinda stuff before (newb). I've lost around 30 pounds recently and am not getting the results I want. It's supposed to target "problem" areas like love handles, lower stomach, and chest, the latter being the area I'm most concerned about. Anyone had any success with this stuff?

Jsquxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
Just placed an order for Yohimburn ES, topical yohimbine cream. At around 70 bucks shipped it's the most I've ever spent on this kinda stuff before (newb). I've lost around 30 pounds recently and am not getting the results I want. It's supposed to target "problem" areas like love handles, lower stomach, and chest, the latter being the area I'm most concerned about. Anyone had any success with this stuff?
let me kno how that works for u; i've considered it but i don't know if i believe in the spot reduction it claims to provide
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
Currently cutting with EC stack help.
(e) 25mg/ (c) 200 mg x 3 q day

my advice: when you come off, taper it off slowly... like go to 150mg for 3 days, 100 mg for 3 days, 50 for 3 days... i cut cold turkey and had three horrible days of unproductive agony
Originally Posted by fleet on feet
davidko19, what exactly is the difference between green mag and regular monohydrate creatine?
in short: nothing but marketing at work

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jsquxe
my advice: when you come off, taper it off slowly... like go to 150mg for 3 days, 100 mg for 3 days, 50 for 3 days... i cut cold turkey and had three horrible days of unproductive agony

You're kidding, right? This isn't heroin we're talking about. I routinely go from 32E/300C to nothing depending on what I'm doing that day (the stack makes me sweat) and I never have any problems.

ghdtpdna

Reaction score
Anyone thats saying NO2 stuff works is lying to himself.
Theory is that:
Arginine -> Nitric Oxide -> Vasodilation -> Nutrient Delivery -> Muscle Growth and Strength

However, here's the truth.

• Arginine blood flow stimulators ("nitric-oxide" or "NO2" supplements) have been shown to increase vasodilation, but only in unfed people receiving enormous doses through an IV.

• Oral arginine supplementation doesn't affect blood flow.

• A dose as low as 10 grams has been associated with gastric upset when consumed orally. This dose has no significant effect on glycogen storage, even if it didn't cause diarrhea.

• Time release arginine is supposed to lead to a "perpetual pump" effect. New studies have shown this not to be the case.

• NO2 was shown to have no effect compared to a placebo on body composition or muscle strength.

• It's not possible for us to consume high enough levels of arginine to effectively increase nitric oxide levels.

• Copycat NO2 products are no better than the original supplement. In fact, those that contain glycocyamine should be avoided because of potential health concerns.

• If you think these products work for you, then you'd better look into the placebo effect.

• Arginine might temporarily elevate growth hormone levels, but only if you're able to take unrealistic doses. There's little evidence to support that this short term increase in GH would do anything for your physique anyway.

• In one study, arginine aspartate was shown to increase prolactin by an average of 75%. Prolactin is associated with decreased Testosterone levels.

• Five grams of arginine consumed during resistance exercise was shown to decrease normal exercise-induced GH output.

• The positive benefits of oral arginine supplementation can only be achieved through doses higher than the human body can handle. And most (but not all) of this effect is mediated by insulin. So if you want to have blood flow increases equivalent to a huge IV arginine infusion, just manipulate insulin through other means (which will be discussed in the next article.)

+if you felt something, it's most likely other ingredients in the supplement or placebo effect (your brain is very powerful)

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghdtpdna
Anyone thats saying NO2 stuff works is lying to himself.
Theory is that:
Arginine -> Nitric Oxide -> Vasodilation -> Nutrient Delivery -> Muscle Growth and Strength

However, here's the truth.

"¢ Arginine blood flow stimulators ("nitric-oxide" or "NO2" supplements) have been shown to increase vasodilation, but only in unfed people receiving enormous doses through an IV.

"¢ Oral arginine supplementation doesn't affect blood flow.

"¢ A dose as low as 10 grams has been associated with gastric upset when consumed orally. This dose has no significant effect on glycogen storage, even if it didn't cause diarrhea.

"¢ Time release arginine is supposed to lead to a "perpetual pump" effect. New studies have shown this not to be the case.

"¢ NO2 was shown to have no effect compared to a placebo on body composition or muscle strength.

"¢ It's not possible for us to consume high enough levels of arginine to effectively increase nitric oxide levels.

"¢ Copycat NO2 products are no better than the original supplement. In fact, those that contain glycocyamine should be avoided because of potential health concerns.

"¢ If you think these products work for you, then you'd better look into the placebo effect.

"¢ Arginine might temporarily elevate growth hormone levels, but only if you're able to take unrealistic doses. There's little evidence to support that this short term increase in GH would do anything for your physique anyway.

"¢ In one study, arginine aspartate was shown to increase prolactin by an average of 75%. Prolactin is associated with decreased Testosterone levels.

"¢ Five grams of arginine consumed during resistance exercise was shown to decrease normal exercise-induced GH output.

"¢ The positive benefits of oral arginine supplementation can only be achieved through doses higher than the human body can handle. And most (but not all) of this effect is mediated by insulin. So if you want to have blood flow increases equivalent to a huge IV arginine infusion, just manipulate insulin through other means (which will be discussed in the next article.)

+if you felt something, it's most likely other ingredients in the supplement or placebo effect (your brain is very powerful)

If you want to read the full article

CBRYDR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mgoose
I'd like to say that, I tried superpump250 and didn't find it helped much. I get more of a rush from zero cal energy drinks and during high intensity workouts it actually made me nauseous.

Imho the only supplements worth your money are creatine monohydrate, and possibly beta alanine, which I will be trying in a few weeks.

The best supplement is the natural one....a diet high in calories/complex carbs. Mix a few tablespoons of virgin olive oil with your protein shakes to get an extra easy 500 calories, whole wheat pasta, noodles a few hours before training. Believe me, you'll notice a difference. Good luck....

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yeah, ok buddy.

we all know what the best supplement is
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics