• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread

dixonmanor

Reaction score
Was just in town for a quick family visit... Ate at Kachka again, and it remains great. Went early, and the place was empty with no wait. Gabe is back in the kitchen at Little Bird, and our dinner there was great too. Hung out with Marco from Bastas and I'm excited to eat at his new place, Cibo, when I'm back for the holidays. Also hit Navarre for the first time in maybe 10 years; again, remains really good. The new bar next door, Angel Face, is hit or miss, but it's a beautiful room. I love the Espresso Martini at Pepe Le Moko (though the whole place is a bit ridiculous, esp for Portland). Ate at Lardo for the first time. It was just OK.

As far as retail goes, I wandered into this new-ish (to me at least) place called Alder + Co (I think) that had some interesting stuff... definitely a ladies shop, but with some cool small trinkets, and my GF picked up a pair of Kapital patchwork pants on sale for $80.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was just in town for a quick family visit... Ate at Kachka again, and it remains great. Went early, and the place was empty with no wait. Gabe is back in the kitchen at Little Bird, and our dinner there was great too. Hung out with Marco from Bastas and I'm excited to eat at his new place, Cibo, when I'm back for the holidays. Also hit Navarre for the first time in maybe 10 years; again, remains really good. The new bar next door, Angel Face, is hit or miss, but it's a beautiful room. I love the Espresso Martini at Pepe Le Moko (though the whole place is a bit ridiculous, esp for Portland). Ate at Lardo for the first time. It was just OK.

As far as retail goes, I wandered into this new-ish (to me at least) place called Alder + Co (I think) that had some interesting stuff... definitely a ladies shop, but with some cool small trinkets, and my GF picked up a pair of Kapital patchwork pants on sale for $80.

What's up dude!

I love Alder + Co. Nice picks and a little apart from the crowd in terms of their buy (but yeah, all ladies).

Should have added: Go eat at Luce. It's so good. The pastas are amazing and the simple brodo soup is stellar. Wine list is esoteric for sure, but full of great stuff. Angel Face is for drinks--super strong POV there.

And that's a good tip on Kachka. I still haven't been...mostly due to long waits and poor planning.

Last edited:

dixonmanor

Reaction score

What's up dude!

I love Alder + Co. Nice picks and a little apart from the crowd in terms of their buy (but yeah, all ladies).

Should have added: Go eat at Luce. It's so good. The pastas are amazing and the simple brodo soup is stellar. Wine list is esoteric for sure, but full of great stuff. Angel Face is for drinks--super strong POV there.

And that's a good tip on Kachka. I still haven't been...mostly due to long waits and poor planning.

Hey!

Yeah, Luce is on the list. Portland's a tough town for me food-wise... I want to visit all my old pal's and their places, but there is SO MUCH new stuff opening all the time, and I want to eat at those places too. Oh well, good problem to have I suppose. And make sure to get to Kachka... starting at 4 they apparently have some happy hour thing, but we just went all-in and got the "Ruski Zakuski Experience." 12ish dishes, all cold, all great. Pickles, fishy things, meaty things, eggy things, etc. Had the server pair vodkas with each course. Fun, delicious, and not crazy expensive.

I've heard nothing but raves about Coquine as well. Next time...

Last edited:

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lardo ******* sucks!!!! Don't go there. Do go to Carte Blanche. Idk what else is going on in pdx, I moved away in July. Renard (in the old St Jack space) was showing promise when I left, though.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the rec's. I'm working on our eating itinerary as we speak. Will report back if I find anything new of note. Thanks!

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, weed will be legal for recreational purchase, so depending on how you roll that's a new and notable development.

Lots of food to eat that's for sure. Eater PDX is pretty legit for that stuff.

I'm not up to date on the retail tip these days...but I don't think there's too much new and breaking. Please, PDX SFers correct me if I am wrong.

Seems like mens retail in pdx is pretty stale at the moment. Its down to tanner, frances may, and machus for sf approved. Unless im missing something?

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone want swoosh employee store pass?

Why Why does this come up when I'm not in Seattle. Been there so many times and have never been able to get one.

Do they expire? If not I would like one for my next Seattle trip.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife went and she said it got cleaned out pretty quick. They did have a geller puffer denim for 160$, but it was a weird white sleeve make up ive never seen.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tasty and Alder was my best meal in Portland a few weekd back. I didn't do fine dining this go around and missed the bone marrow chowder at Ox.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads