• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BLACKBOXPR.jpg

Tharsos

Reaction score
Any good stores in Salem? For that matter, anyone know of anything worth doing around Salem? I'm heading down there for school. Last semester I don't think I found a single person who could tell me something fun/interesting to do around town. Hopefully I'll have time to catch a bus into Portland one weekend and visit Blackbird etc.

Tharsos

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I haven't heard about it which is surprising since its only a few blocks away from the school. Only bar I've been to is The Ram.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh hey, it's Portland in here.

I liked the cut I got at Rooks, $25.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Art n Sole (1412 NE Alberta) is going out of business. These are the Red Wings they had in stock as of last night:

2406 - Steel toe - reddish color sizes: 10E2 (wide), 10.5E2 (wide), 11D (D=regular width) - $102.00
8111 Iron Ranger - amber 12E2 - $135.00
9011 Beckman - black cherry - (all D or reg. width) 7, 8, 10, 11.5 - $160.00
9014 Beckman - black - D widths 7.5, 8, 9.5, 10.5, 11.5, 12 - $$160.00
6681 Steel-toe hiker sizes: 14, 15 - $50.00
8681 Soft-toe hiker size: 11.5- $50.00

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anybody else go to Content tonight? If you don't know, Content is an event in which designers have free reign over their installation in a room of the Ace Hotel.

I thought it was interesting---not a very "Portland-y" event, in the way that I tend to think of it, but maybe I just don't travel in the right circles. I personally enjoyed the rooms that focused more on displaying their items than on being installation art. Some of them were inaccessible because they seemed like a designer just hanging out with their friends.

I don't know what the point of the room with the mime was... I can't remember what designer they were representing. (http://yfrog.com/h6y4hqqj)

On that note, I think Tanner Goods had my favorite installation. The goods were well-presented, there were some interesting leatherworking tools around, I got a free pencil, and they were just very open and inviting. I also liked the Draught Dry Goods merchandise---some quality bags and leather goods that are lighter than those from Tanner. Of the more conceptual spaces, I did like the one from Pattern People, which was a peephole into a room covered with bright and interesting patterns.

The Draught Dry Goods display---nice leather-wrapped handlebars! (http://instagr.am/p/Ozu2J/)

I didn't make it to any of the after party events because I have a cold...

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was there too! My buddy from Blackbird got us in fo free haha. It was a pretty bizarre event, but very cool nonetheless. Sort of funny, it was the first Portland event I've been to where I actually saw people wearing designer or high end labels.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SanDiegoMD