• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

these look like they were a rothschilds patten?

lovely for clubbing!

You have a good eye, they are indeed a Rothschild rejected upper that Tony so kindly allowed me to use. Thought I saw a pair of your most recent shoes while I was there, but that might have been the last time?? Can't remember...

whoa! curious why u made them in a color u didn't like .

great work BTW - very G&G

yea, I did not have a choice, they were an upper that was already made, but was easily alterable. Thanks!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
these look like they were a rothschilds patten?

lovely for clubbing!

You have a good eye, they are indeed a Rothschild rejected upper that Tony so kindly allowed me to use. Thought I saw a pair of your most recent shoes while I was there, but that might have been the last time?? Can't remember...

Tony just sent my pending ones to be closed, 2 simple oxfords or so he tells me 1 black and 1 rioja, do these ring a bell?

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If they were just now going to be closed than that means that they would have just been the cut leather pieces and I thought that I saw a shoe. Have you had any for repair.?? Nevertheless, among the many times that I have been there, they always seem to have something that is yours....pigskin stuff

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If they were just now going to be closed than that means that they would have just been the cut leather pieces and I thought that I saw a shoe. Have you had any for repair.?? Nevertheless, among the many times that I have been there, they always seem to have something that is yours....pigskin stuff

ok then it must have been these 2 pairs

GGBalResole3-1.jpg

and.................. these piggies

Prepolished3-1.jpg

Tony is too skinny so i need to make sure he is fed well enough:happy:

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

lol, agreed!! Love that top pair btw. Are the two new one's (being closed) also pigskin?? I dare ask...

cheers! i think the top pair is perhaps one of my most favorite shoes and gets worn alot, hence the recent resole

no my pending pairs are "boat race" a simple black oxford and a rioja cambridge

the piggies are not mine this time!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Prepolished3-1.jpg

are those supposed to be fitted trees...?

Last edited:

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Prepolished3-1.jpg

are those supposed to be fitted trees...?

this is one of the issues with pig skin, is the way it creases - it does not have the memory like calf, thus it retains the crease a little like the way shell does

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Winot

Reaction score
Two orders from Cleverley yesterday:

1. A winter derby boot - captoe galosh with the lower half made in no. 8 cordovan and the upper half in pebble grained calf. Commando sole for cycling round London in the winter.
2. A double monk cap toe in black pebble grained calf.

Total price GBP 6000. The boots will be made first and will take a little while because they need to make a boot last (my first order with them was a shoe - false brogue oxford in black calf).

W.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
a play on one of my all time fave designs from churches the "grafton"

This design was copied by Church's from Florsheim. I've seen this done all the way back in the late '40's.

dunno! i am sure that with Churches being one on the worlds oldest shoe makers that it might be that or the other way around i have even seen this design of shoe but with a cap toe much earlier that the 40's

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Two orders from Cleverley yesterday:

1. A winter derby boot - captoe galosh with the lower half made in no. 8 cordovan and the upper half in pebble grained calf. Commando sole for cycling round London in the winter.
2. A double monk cap toe in black pebble grained calf.

Total price GBP 6000. The boots will be made first and will take a little while because they need to make a boot last (my first order with them was a shoe - false brogue oxford in black calf).

W.

looking forward to seeing the pictures of those, there is not enough Clev's Appreciation on SF

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads