• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The smell good thread

MortyGras

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
If you wear fragrances for anyone but yourself and/or your SO, you're going to be disappointed by the lack of reactions. I think it's something people mostly register on an unconscious level.

Incidentally, "SO" means female pig in danish.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a more manly/woody scent? I have Creed GIT and SMW, I find they are too light and airy. I am looking for something a bit more woodsy/outdoorsy but not smell like a grandfather.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Can anybody recommend a more manly/woody scent? I have Creed GIT and SMW, I find they are too light and airy. I am looking for something a bit more woodsy/outdoorsy but not smell like a grandfather.
Polo Modern Reserve (piney smoky) Gucci PH I (dry woods) M7 (agarwood) I think I may succumb and buy a creed. Probably SMW or Erolfa. They are awesome for summer IMO.

hardisty17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Asked this in the other thread but I need a little more guidance.

What's a relatively cheap fragrance for a high schooler? It has to be quite readily available (most department stores should have em)

Go online to buy it. I have found that online stores sell most colognes for at least 30% off and common ones are usually pretty cheap.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big cologne wearer, but this is what I'm currently sampling and like all of them:

-YSL M7
-YSL Opium
-Hermes Equipage
-PDN New York
-Art of Shaving Sandalwood
-Dior Homme
-Kiehls Musk
-Histoires de Parfums Marquis de Sade

Don't like:
-Odin New York Nomad
-Gucci Pour Homme II
-YSL Homme

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Polo Modern Reserve (piney smoky) Gucci PH I (dry woods) M7 (agarwood)
+1 to those. M7 might be a little sweet for summer. Try CDG Series Red such as Sequoi and Palisander if you want some woodyness but more niche. Also Dyptique Tam Dao is for many the best woody one out there alongside Gucci. if you like the idea of a smokey incensy frag like Polo, then consider L'Occitane Eau des Baux (turns into vanilla though after the incensy cedarwood) There are a million with woody notes in addition to another like the one above. Also for example Dyptique's Philosykos is fresh figs and cedarwood. Or Guerlain Heritage which is sort of vanilla, lemon, and woods with pepper. If you like creed, why not get Bois du Portugal? Personally I think a nice summer woody one is Tommy Bahamma. No joke, it's like $25 for a 100ml and it's good!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^been meaning to check those out

master classer nice info man keep it up

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed an order for the following decants... This is getting addictive!

Creed Erolfa
Creed Bois du Portugal
Creed Neroli Sauvage
Tom Ford Private Blend Oud Wood
Diptyque Tam Dao

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads