• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goalaso

Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of *well-worn* wholecut shell chelseas? I realize they're rare, but I've been having trouble actually finding many pics of how they look after being worn significantly. Lots of new photos. But nothing old after years of wear (other than one recurring G&G whisky shell pair). I'm curious how they break in and crease. At this point, I'd even be interested in just seeing non-wholecut shell chelsea pics of older, well-worn pairs. Thanks for any pointers in the right direction...

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rancourt espresso unlined shell.

F5CDBBB1-921B-43B2-91F4-036224C88583.jpeg

DC2FF399-F73E-4829-A524-AD3F3FC9CD43.jpeg

Twas

Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of *well-worn* wholecut shell chelseas? I realize they're rare, but I've been having trouble actually finding many pics of how they look after being worn significantly. Lots of new photos. But nothing old after years of wear (other than one recurring G&G whisky shell pair). I'm curious how they break in and crease. At this point, I'd even be interested in just seeing non-wholecut shell chelsea pics of older, well-worn pairs. Thanks for any pointers in the right direction...
Which shoe maker is still making it? Will be my grail pair.

goalaso

Reaction score
Good question. Not sure. I thought Enzo Bonafe was. Even if it's truly a unicorn, I'd still be interested in seeing how those unicorn rolls develop ;). It seems bizarre that there are mostly only new photos posted, especially since I know many have been skeptical of how a wholecut shellsea might break in.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if this will help but I haven’t worn my Wholecut Shell boots a lot and using trees help with the rolls.
All are Carmina Wholecut Shell Boots and Carmina might or might not make them again even for a upcharge so please contact them directly.
Also, to consider the Wholecut Shell Boots will feel like armour when the fit is really good. I don’t think EB makes Wholecut Shell Boot like you have earlier seen of G&G burnham but instead it has a side seam too if that matters.

30537935-B85E-4656-B413-BE56195D8A0B.jpeg

Left- Carmina MTO Wholecut Ruby Shell Cordovan Boots.
Middle- Carmina MTO Bourbon Shell Cordovan Wholecut Chelsea boots with only 1 seam in back.
Right- Carmina MTO Natural Shell Cordovan Jodhpur Boots.

Last edited:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help but I haven’t worn my Wholecut Shell boots a lot and using trees help with the rolls.
All are Carmina Wholecut Shell Boots and Carmina might or might not make them again even for a upcharge so please contact them directly.
Also, to consider the Wholecut Shell Boots will feel like armour when the fit is really good. I don’t think EB makes Wholecut Shell Boot like you have earlier seen of G&G burnham but instead it has a side seam too if that matters.

View attachment 964130

Middle- Carmina MTO Bourbon Shell Cordovan Wholecut Chelsea boots with only 1 seam in back.

Carmina can do some pretty outstanding things. Shame they won't do these again, but I understand why.

Twas

Reaction score

View attachment 964130

Below is Carmina's response in regards to wholecut shell, can not stop wondering how can I get your luck.

"Thank you for your email, we no longer manufacture wholecut chelsea boots in cordovan since the leather can easily become faulty during the process. we are trying to develop a new method.

Please contact us in a few months regarding this issue and we will update you."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads