• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I decided just a week ago I was done with boots but I jumped on these. I love my 2 other pairs of C&J boots and whiskey shell...well I couldn't resist. Hopefully these fit like my 2 other pairs which are both marked 9D US...I think they should. Different last though.

Likely that I would have jumped on them if I didn't just get my Harlechs. Glad they're going to a good home.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I decided just a week ago I was done with boots but I jumped on these. I love my 2 other pairs of C&J boots and whiskey shell...well I couldn't resist. Hopefully these fit like my 2 other pairs which are both marked 9D US...I think they should. Different last though.

Good call. If I hadn't just grabbed yours, I would have jumped on these.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Likely that I would have jumped on them if I didn't just get my Harlechs. Glad they're going to a good home.

yeah those Whiskey Harlechs are awesome. I have the Peal Boot (cap toe) and the Lindrick (wingtip) and I always go back and forth what style I would want if I found a whiskey boot. I think the tiebreaker came last week when my wife noted my LIndricks and she said "wow - those are really nice". So wingtip is is :)

Eddielch

Reaction score

kopped the 600 and 605. ill use the satin for casual shell pair and 600 for dressier versions. now to figure out how to remove water spots from used pairs of carmina, vass, and trickers

600 should be good enough my friend.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dressing up the Marlow's yesterday:
image_zpsms7rrdyb.jpeg

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A while back, when I was buying my RL Marlow PTB by C&J, I found myself right between the 8.5 and 9. Ultimately, based on how they both fit, I felt the 9's were a safer choice and went with those.

Now I am looking to buy the new Peal & Co (Brooks Brothers) by C&J short wing blucher. Once again I find myself between the 8.5 and the 9. But in this case I am leaning towards the 8.5. I know the lasts are different between these and the Marlows, and that those have a storm welt and these don't. Not being too familiar with C&J lasts, can someone tell me if it makes sense that I went with 9 (TTS) in the Marlow and 8.5 in the BB short wing?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A while back, when I was buying my RL Marlow PTB by C&J, I found myself right between the 8.5 and 9. Ultimately, based on how they both fit, I felt the 9's were a safer choice and went with those.

Now I am looking to buy the new Peal & Co (Brooks Brothers) by C&J short wing blucher. Once again I find myself between the 8.5 and the 9. But in this case I am leaning towards the 8.5. I know the lasts are different between these and the Marlows, and that those have a storm welt and these don't. Not being too familiar with C&J lasts, can someone tell me if it makes sense that I went with 9 (TTS) in the Marlow and 8.5 in the BB short wing?

Here is the thread for that question.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/514263/...r-brooks-brothers-cordovan-boots-and-shoes/15

Thanks.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We may be foot twins b/c that's what I did. I ordered the 9d peal s'wings. I found that I got too much heel slippage so returned them. I am waiting on some 8.5s, which "should" work (fingers xrossed). I found the peals too long compared to the Marlows. I wear a 9d in the marlows, too.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're in between sizes on one last then sure it wouldn't surprise me if you sized down on a different last. Everyone has different experiences with these things.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We may be foot twins b/c that's what I did. I ordered the 9d peal s'wings. I found that I got too much heel slippage so returned them. I am waiting on some 8.5s, which "should" work (fingers xrossed). I found the peals too long compared to the Marlows. I wear a 9d in the marlows, too.

hey that's cool. just beware that you may find the 8.5's snugger that you'd expect for only a half size down. For me they are wearable, but a bit snugger than I like. Nevertheless I will probably keep them (since they are such stunners), and the 9's were definitely too long - too much slippage.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, there is a beautiful navy cordovan LWB makeup languishing in the GMTO section of Carmina's web site. I think we need a few more joiners in the next 24 hours or it gets canceled. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mto-shoes

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, there is a beautiful navy cordovan LWB makeup languishing in the GMTO section of Carmina's web site. I think we need a few more joiners in the next 24 hours or it gets canceled. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mto-shoes

If I've been reading the forums correctly, you've been waiting on that Navy Shell peppercorn78. Can't help you on this, out of my budget for today, but hope things come through for you. Good Luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics